Confused

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Confused

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:58 am

I know I get confused easily but I have beeen trying to keep up and today I have been looking around to try and find out what is going on but with little success. :?
The Beta site with it's " regular" events going on has finished but so far they have not been replaced . I know there are many many other sort of tournaments going on as part of the testing scenario but ................... I am not sure what my question is but they are not part of what I would consider a Links tour are they. They are just ad hoc events for a bit of fun and unlikely to become a weekly thing. I can't tell when they started or when they will finish and unless I play in them I don't know if it's nine holes( as I found in one) or whatever.
Is it known yet when for example the weekly cut tourneys will return or the regular RAW events? The one I had thought was going to be a regular event was that champ online league thing .That appeared and I had a go but when I go to look at what happened it had gone and there seems no way to check what happened.
RoyHiggi

Postby Bluenoser on Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:47 am

Going into the game isn't required, just go to the main LSPN Web Site page where the Tournaments are listed, then click on the weather icon of a given tournament, you will be given the details of that tournament, including how many rounds/holes it is.

Regular (Official) Tournaments are coming soon.
Last edited by Bluenoser on Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Links - it's not about winning, it's about having fun.
Bluenoser

Postby Gunners on Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:50 am

Also, in the game, courses are listed for each round and under conditions it will let you know # of holes...weather...special attributes such as grid not allwed
Gunners

Postby DemonUK on Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:30 am

That was the gist of my 'I don't get it' post. Losing the organised tour is a huge wrench. As you say at the moment it seems its just a mish mash of funners. Still from what we are being told things will become more organised soon and there will be areas on this site for all types of player/tournaments, complete with official tourneys. Just play in the ones that are being put on at the moment to keep ones hand and eye in.
The Scream Of The Demon
Theres Evil About
DemonUK

Postby Harpo on Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:29 am

Seems we could have let the beta site go for a little longer till the regular tourneys were ready to play. The events were on auto pilot there anyway.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Gunners on Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:01 am

You have to remember, the Beta was also using bandwidth and memory on the server. Perhaps those assets are needed in order to go forward with the site here. Not to mention that bandwidth does cost a few $$.
Gunners

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:07 am

Thanks , found it. Didn't know that was all there.
RoyHiggi

Postby gibby on Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:09 am

even though the beta site was on auto-pilot Mark still had to program the set up, a few wks ago he forgot until someone reminded him, so I'm sure he just missed it this wk
gibby

Postby sgt_cook on Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:52 am

For now its a chance to test the waters and thats a good thing. All the different formats just give us a chance to explore and expand the possibilities of this great game. Later on as things become more clear things will most likely settle into a routine once more.
sgt_cook

Return to Talk About It