Firefox Updates

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Firefox Updates

Postby Crissy on Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:35 pm

I was reformatting a PC for someone at work and for reasons I wont go into Microsoft Windows Updates was not an option.

Anyway I had heard that Firefox had a plug-in for windows update, so I told them I would give it a try.

I then installed the plug-in and to my surprise it works a treat, even better then what Microsoft uses. The PC needed 28 updates and it downloaded and installed all 28 just fine.

So here is a link for those of you that may find use of this from time to time, worked great for me.

WindizUpdate
Crissy

Postby spitdoggy on Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:20 pm

:D Thanks Crissy,and enjoy your winter. :lol:
All we are is the result of what we have thought.
spitdoggy

Re: Firefox Updates

Postby RenaMac on Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:25 pm

Crissy wrote:I was reformatting a PC for someone at work and for reasons I wont go into Microsoft Windows Updates was not an option.

Anyway I had heard that Firefox had a plug-in for windows update, so I told them I would give it a try.

I then installed the plug-in and to my surprise it works a treat, even better then what Microsoft uses. The PC needed 28 updates and it downloaded and installed all 28 just fine.

So here is a link for those of you that may find use of this from time to time, worked great for me.

WindizUpdate

Hi, Crissy;
Is this really a Firefox plug-in or is it simply an indie plug-in that works with Firefox. We've used Mozilla/Firefox for ages and when I searched "Windiz" on the Firefox site, it seemed to show as being an indie effort. I'll buy anything from Firefox but some of the grammar on the Windiz site makes me nervous. Can you tell me more? Thnx, hon :?
RenaMac

Postby Crissy on Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:40 pm

spitdoggy wrote::D Thanks Crissy,and enjoy your winter. :lol:

You are welcome, I thought it may come in handy now and again for some people.

And winter is starting to get pretty stinky around here now. lol

Crissy
Last edited by Crissy on Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crissy

Re: Firefox Updates

Postby Crissy on Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:44 pm

RenaMac wrote:
Crissy wrote:I was reformatting a PC for someone at work and for reasons I wont go into Microsoft Windows Updates was not an option.

WindizUpdate

Hi, Crissy;
Is this really a Firefox plug-in or is it simply an indie plug-in that works with Firefox. We've used Mozilla/Firefox for ages and when I searched "Windiz" on the Firefox site, it seemed to show as being an indie effort. I'll buy anything from Firefox but some of the grammar on the Windiz site makes me nervous. Can you tell me more? Thnx, hon :?

Yes Its a Firefox plug-in the same pretty much as any-other you would install for Firefox. It installs just like any extension you would add really although they call it a plug-in. They have a forum over there also were I am sure they can answer any of you questions much better then I can. ( I have only used it twice, but it worked well both times )

Most of our PC-s at work have no Internet Explorer or Outlook Express and many times the internet is also disabled. So its my job to undermined the entire company and make these options available to everyone. ( I have been called into the office more then once for not fallowing there rules to closely . lol )

P/S The site works with Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3, Netscape 4.0, Mozilla Firebird 0.7, Opera 5, or K-Meleon 0.9 or newer versions of the above, or so they say.

Crissy
Crissy

Return to Talk About It