LinksOnlineLeague

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby Bruce Bo on Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:00 pm

IanDLS wrote:Bruce, my apologies for kind of hijacking your thread...

no worries... we're all in this together :)
IanDLS wrote:With your latest suggestion, I believe I understand it, but it is confusing. Outline and detail it again in a small example form of Player A, B and C etc.

ok... how's this:
player "A" wins a tour with 20 players.. he earns 20 points 20th place 1 pt)
player "B" wins a tour w/ 10 players.. earning 10 pts (10th place 1 pt)
both players continue to play all 18 tours, and take turns winning, but at the 18th, both players would need to drop their worst TEN tour point totals! ( 1 drop for each win) assuming the competition was identical in each tour, player "A" would have earned 351 points (winning 9, 2d place in 9) but by dropping his 10 worse (all 2d places) he would end up with 180 points.
player "B" having scored 191 total (9 wins at 10 each, and 9, 2nds at 9 each) but dropping his 10 worse, would leave him with 90.

IanDLS wrote:I think what you are suggesting is a form of Management Strategy Golf, or Links Handicap Leaderboard type thing... let the leader go first and lose points. The only issue I would imagine, is when players simply don't compete, or complete the fourth round..?

not completing or not competing, earns NO points. so go ahead and not finish. does that hurt the winner?... hmmm yes. if everyone 'not play', he'd only score 1 point. but i'll play it out and score 2d place :)
if you want a good place in the overall standings you'll have to finish.

if i'm not understanding you completly, please elaborate!
bruce
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby IanDLS on Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:47 pm

Bruce, I totally understand your scoring method. Thanks for detailing it.

I wonder if Mark is able to add into the ClubHouse area, the ability to keep data entered manually and stored for sufficient time to allow this to happen. I would assume this would be a pen and paper scoring system until Mark is able to create some form of additional fields of data that allow anual entry and display sorting.

It could work yes, alot of work for Mark with some hefty additions to the site and server ;)
IanDLS

Postby Bruce Bo on Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:53 pm

IanDLS wrote:Bruce, I totally understand your scoring method. Thanks for detailing it.

I wonder if Mark is able to add into the ClubHouse area, the ability to keep data entered manually and stored for sufficient time to allow this to happen. I would assume this would be a pen and paper scoring system until Mark is able to create some form of additional fields of data that allow anual entry and display sorting.

It could work yes, alot of work for Mark with some hefty additions to the site and server ;)

i've set up an excell spreadsheet already... and if i need to find a place elsewhere i'll post it. hopefully there will be a place to do this in the clubhouse :)
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby better_than_in_life on Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:38 pm

That could be kinda nice for those of us who only hit those kinda scores when there are ideal conditions. Some of the REALLY GOOD players probably would bypass this league anyways.
better_than_in_life

Previous

Return to Talk About It