gas price

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby JackRussellTerror on Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:13 pm

here around Sydney, the price per litre goes from a weekly high of about $AUD 1.30 per litre, down to a weekly low of around $AUD 1.20 per litre. Mondee Tuesdee Wednesdees it drops to 1.20 and then *LOW AND BEHOLD* the price rises to 1.30 on Thursdee Fridee and stays that way (what a coincidence !!) *just in time for the weekend* when you wanna go places. Mondays *SNAP* it drops to 1.20

if we take the weekly average at $AUD 1.25 per litre, then:

$AUD 1.25 x 3.785 (thanks Westview) = $AUD 4.73 per Gallon

current US/Aussie exchange rate $0.8607 (11 July)

= $USD 4.07 per gallon

have i done the maths right here ?? or should i lol go and practice the 17th at Pebble LMAniO
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby tryandtyoneon on Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:26 pm

JackRussellTerror wrote:here around Sydney, the price per litre goes from a weekly high of about $AUD 1.30 per litre, down to a weekly low of around $AUD 1.20 per litre. Mondee Tuesdee Wednesdees it drops to 1.20 and then *LOW AND BEHOLD* the price rises to 1.30 on Thursdee Fridee and stays that way (what a coincidence !!) *just in time for the weekend* when you wanna go places. Mondays *SNAP* it drops to 1.20

if we take the weekly average at $AUD 1.25 per litre, then:

$AUD 1.25 x 3.785 (thanks Westview) = $AUD 4.73 per Gallon

current US/Aussie exchange rate $0.8607 (11 July)

= $USD 4.07 per gallon

have i done the maths right here ?? or should i lol go and practice the 17th at Pebble LMAniO

Same strange things go on around here......

Around a buck ten a litre most of the time and then just before every long weekend..........BAM.............a major oil shortage causes gas to go up 20 cents........just for 3 or 4 days though :roll:
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Armand on Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:58 pm

This topic got me searching the web a bit ...

Calgary/Canada/USA comparison (2004-2007):

And other prices from around the world (sorry, but only 2005 prices):

Armand
Armand

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:32 pm

the U.S. gets about 90% of its foreign oil from canada. since the canadians appear to pay more for gasoline than we americans, it looks likely that the powers-that-be have been keeping the domestic U.S. prices down in the past encouraging urban sprawl and high consumption. while the chickens will be coming home to roost in the next ten years, with two oilmen currently in the white house, alternate energy sources in this administration have consisted mostly of spinning hot air, just like pretty much every one of their other policies on serious national issues. lw

_________
Larry_Warrilow

Postby OlderThanDirt on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:02 am

djwoods10 wrote:they have a thing they call bio ethanal is bio for gas i cant remember what percentage of that is in the gas and now soybeen oil in the diesel 11% of that

Yes, and they started using corn. Then there was a corn shortage. Then corn prices went through the roof. Then feed for cows skyrocketed. Now dairy & cheese prices are almost double what they were only a year ago. Yet the farmers are still hurting. Great [censored]' idea, huh? Not a viable one. And I don't see how plugging an electric car into an outlet in my garage will help reduce our dependence on oil either since the power companies already use zillions of tons of petroleum & natural gas based product already to supply that electricity to my home.

I lean toward hydrogen myself.....
Chris

Golf is like s e x: Never perfect, always good.
OlderThanDirt

Postby GDI_Coyote on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:38 am

True Hammah,it might not be a great deal for the ones hit by the hurricane.However,i did contribute 10% of what i made off that tragedy to the Katrina Fund.If SC gets hit again,i'll do the same even if it damages any of my property.I believe in doing that so i can sleep better during the day(3rd shifter here 8) ).

I guess the point i was trying to make is that if you invest in oil or cigarettes or alcohol but have misgivings about them,you can retain more of your money than those who choose to just pay the price.

Steve
GDI_Coyote

Postby LaMa_2k6 on Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:20 am

Maybe those who choose to "pay the price", invest in more profitable things than fuel commodities/stock. Hmm? :D Keep your day job.
LaMa_2k6

Postby GDI_Coyote on Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:32 am

You're a baseball card collector,aren't you?
GDI_Coyote

Postby djwoods10 on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:25 am

oh ya the next thing is animal fat going into the fuel the people i pull for isent to crazy about that but something tells me they are not going to have a choice i dont do to many stations any more im hauling the bio were ever the cheepest price is thats were they send me and im not to crazy about being away from home
just play and have fun - don
djwoods10

Postby GDI_Coyote on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:31 am

Career change is in order maybe p.My union just voted us a nice raise but wish i had more time at home instead.Working on it thru trading in the market...maybe by the time i get 50 yrs old.Or when Links 2K15 comes out. :shock:
GDI_Coyote

Postby terrell on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:32 am

don, i realize this is a bit off the wall. but did you get pissed at punctuation lately? not a big thing, just wondering if mr. comma or ms. period had torqued you off recently.

edit: and whatever lama posts after me, pay no attention. it's going to be something about age. (8=

edit #2: or some lame 'lol' no one knows what he's laughing about.
Last edited by terrell on Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
terrell

Postby LaMa_2k6 on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:30 am

lmao...
LaMa_2k6

Postby djwoods10 on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:38 pm

nope just was in a hurry, had to get to work so all you people can drive your cars lmao.
djwoods10

Postby djwoods10 on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:49 pm

as far as hijackers , they wouldnt bother me you will see them comming, its the people in the real nice nieghborhoods we go in iv been hit with 2 pipes, attached with knives, and the company has had 16 law suits because of me all of them were proven self defence. thats all in the 37 years im doing this
djwoods10

Postby HammaH on Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:23 am

djwoods10 wrote:as far as hijackers , they wouldnt bother me you will see them comming, its the people in the real nice nieghborhoods we go in iv been hit with 2 pipes, attached with knives, and the company has had 16 law suits because of me all of them were proven self defence. thats all in the 37 years im doing this

As far as hijackers, they wouldn't bother me. You will see them coming. It's the people in the real nice neighborhoods we go in. I've been hit with 2 pipes and attacked with knives. The company has had 16 law suits because of me, and all of them were proven self defense. That's all in the 37 years I've been doing this.

Just a little help from TIPP. Terrell's International Punctuation Police ;-)
HammaH

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It