My new excuse

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

My new excuse

Postby GoesForIt on Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:00 pm

All I can say is don't get into a fight with a wood router. I can't type, but I did score -11 on my home course with my bandage on. So, I guess I'm okay for Links,
Attachments
Fingers.jpg
Fingers.jpg (26.03 KB) Viewed 4687 times
GoesForIt

Re: My new excuse

Postby rwoodworkr on Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:40 pm

Dang Doug, ouch!

I was a woodworker for 45 years, and amazingly my worst injury was a 5/16th inch drill bit about 1/4 inch into my palm. A few minor finger slices, but that's about it. I do have friends with missing digits and one guy that got a new artificial hand (lost a fight with a jointer).
rwoodworkr

Postby GoesForIt on Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:36 pm

rwoodworkr wrote:Dang Doug, ouch!

I was a woodworker for 45 years, and amazingly my worst injury was a 5/16th inch drill bit about 1/4 inch into my palm. A few minor finger slices, but that's about it. I do have friends with missing digits and one guy that got a new artificial hand (lost a fight with a jointer).

I know that feeling. I was once trying to pry out the plastic insert of a driver (remember persimmon and an insert?). I was using a letter opener. It slipped off and went right into my palm. It was not a serious injury, but my body went into shock. First and only time that I remember. I had to lie down and raise my legs for a bit. I can imagine what it must have looked like to see a drill bit in your palm. Yikes.
GoesForIt

Postby RonnieSmith on Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:06 pm

Hi Everybody,

Just checking in on things today. This reminds me of my 7th grade social studies and 9th grade civics teacher. He was a navigator for a bomber on the Western Front in WW II. Don't remember any more how many missions he safely flew. But lost several fingers in a wood working accident.

Hope it's healing just fine.

Ronnie
RonnieSmith

Return to Talk About It