Major Gaslighting

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Major Gaslighting

Postby Edward64 on Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:13 pm

I play Pro PS and shoot around even par on a good day. I enter PS tournaments and I see players score cards showing 17 birdies and a par for 4 rounds in a row. That is not humanly possible. The score card also shows their swing type as classic swing. I am lead to believe that a classic swing guy can simply switch to power stroke swing and score -17 in a round easily and repeat that every round. I am simply not buying that.
I enjoy the courses and the set ups for all the leagues but it sucks to be dead last in every event I play in. I do not even look at the scoreboard anymore.
Edward64

Re: Major Gaslighting

Postby pmgolf on Sun Aug 04, 2024 4:25 am

Edward, I play RTS Pro and I haven't seen any of those guys scoring that low using RTS. PS is even more difficult to conquer. Nobody shoots that low with PS. Guys swear I'm wrong, but IMO Classic Swing is a swing method that can be conquered with enough practice - and enabled by either using Amateur skill level, no wind, or being born with the ability like the mighty Roy Higgi! :D

Pete
pmgolf

Postby GoBucks on Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:23 am

The only events that I see on the regular tour that are PS only, are Flight events. Everything else is all swings. If you're not playing those events, you're probably a lone wolf playing against classic swingers. Your best bet to compete is to play handicap events, like the ones that Pete (pmgolf) puts on on the World tour.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby Echoes on Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:47 pm

Edward64 wrote:I play Pro PS and shoot around even par on a good day. I enter PS tournaments and I see players score cards showing 17 birdies and a par for 4 rounds in a row. That is not humanly possible. The score card also shows their swing type as classic swing. I am lead to believe that a classic swing guy can simply switch to power stroke swing and score -17 in a round easily and repeat that every round. I am simply not buying that.

Dude you are trippin, you are entering tournaments that accept all swing types. Nobody can switch anything mid tourney.
Echoes

Postby Edward64 on Mon Aug 05, 2024 3:16 pm

I play in powerstroke pro only events and the scorecard shows all the players listed as classic swing on lspn with an occasional rts player.
Edward64

Postby GoBucks on Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:00 pm

Edward64 wrote:I play in powerstroke pro only events and the scorecard shows all the players listed as classic swing on lspn with an occasional rts player.

You're playing in the HCAP event at Laddleton Lakes, which is open to all swing types.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby Edward64 on Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:24 pm

I see where the discrepancy is now. I have been choosing tournaments from the in game menu. That menu shows PS only tournament options such as Laddleton Lakes that are not listed on the LSPN site. It looks like it is best to chose tournament options from the LSPN site.
Edward64

Return to Talk About It