PLSA (The Olympics @ Le Golf Nationale) Sage Vanni

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA (The Olympics @ Le Golf Nationale) Sage Vanni

Postby GoesForIt on Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:34 am

Well, I played a [no pressure] practice round (something I almost never do even on new courses).

I played pin position 0, MC/FC, back tees, no wind. Matched Hideki Matsuyama at -8 with 12 FIR and 15 GIR.

I think Higgi and crew will eat this course up. I'll be happy if I can do something like 12 FIR and 15 GIR in every round. I think the rest would fall into place for a decent score.
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA (The Olympics @ Le Golf Nationale) Sage Vanni

Postby GoesForIt on Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:48 am

Well, Round #1 was unexpected. 12 FIR and 18 GIR.

Plus a nice eagle on #10.
Attachments
Eagle10-LeGolfNatl-2024-8-01.SHT
(3.7 KB) Downloaded 355 times
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:28 am

First one in I guess. Certainly no stellar Round #4... but I did hit a great 5-wood/metal out of a bunker (attached)... worth a download I think.
Attachments
OutOfSand.SHT
(3.7 KB) Downloaded 346 times
GoesForIt

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:29 pm

I already played the pro event ( non challenging) and remembered your thread here suggesting this course might be "easy". Not your precise words but that's what I took from it.
After playing pro I thought champ and especially challenging would definitely not be easy. Round 1 started with a lucky birdie. Miss snapped on the putt but just as well because I hadn't allowed enough break.
Then with an iffy snapp for 3 holes felt quite pleased to get 3 pars in a row. Especially the par 5 where I was miles left off the T and had to hole a decent putt for par

4 holes in and I was thinking wth was he talking about!! The answer of course is hit the snap you [censored] and thanfully I got a lot better and scored well from there. Carried on in round 2 as well but I still dont really think its that "easy" and bogeys are out there at any time
RoyHiggi

Return to Talk About It