PLSA Bad Links day for DougM

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA Bad Links day for DougM

Postby MasterMontgomery on Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:47 pm

Totally bored , so thought i would share this. I did not know anyone could [censored]
things up so bad. Started playing round 2 of the PLSA c/c. Was -10 after the
first 12 holes(things were great). Then thing got a little strange. I played the last
6 holes +2. An in doing so i should mention hole 16 the par 5. In the regular view i
could see the little wooden bridge. So i aimed at it and hit it on the fly. Got a big bounce.
Only had 210 left so in getting the old 6wood, i hit a 4wood by mistake. Little did i know at that
time that this was the start of things to come. So, i finished -8 ( a good score, but i was mad
and upset.) So after collecting my self it was time to play round 2 of PLSA ammy. I had opened with
a 50 in the first round and felt quite good about the 2nd. On hole 2 an 3 once again i hit the wrong
club. One was a pw that should have been a 9 and i forget what the other was
but same idea.But i kept going i think until hole 9 where once again i did it. At this point i became
concerned about what was going on. Then the thought hit me to restart the pc take the 2 stroke
penalty an start fresh. Below is a saved shot of the 2nd shot on hole 1. If you can it is worth looking
at. If not i will tell you, i had 100 yds so i used a pw 4 up. The shot was great, too great. It i guess
hit the hole or the pin very low and went 25yds into dry grass. That was it for me.

Doug :oops:
Attachments
hitpin.SHT
(3.41 KB) Downloaded 393 times
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Re: PLSA Bad Links day for DougM

Postby Echoes on Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:21 pm

You found the real links launcher, many of us have found it many times over the years, sometimes they end up in water, always 20 -35 yards from the landing spot.
Echoes

Postby Echoes on Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:33 pm

Echoes

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Jul 20, 2024 1:07 am

MasterMontgomery wrote:Totally bored , so thought i would share this. I did not know anyone could [censored]
things up so bad. Started playing round 2 of the PLSA c/c. Was -10 after the
first 12 holes(things were great). Then thing got a little strange. I played the last
6 holes +2. An in doing so i should mention hole 16 the par 5. In the regular view i
could see the little wooden bridge. So i aimed at it and hit it on the fly. Got a big bounce.
Only had 210 left so in getting the old 6wood, i hit a 4wood by mistake. Little did i know at that
time that this was the start of things to come. So, i finished -8 ( a good score, but i was mad
and upset.) So after collecting my self it was time to play round 2 of PLSA ammy. I had opened with
a 50 in the first round and felt quite good about the 2nd. On hole 2 an 3 once again i hit the wrong
club. One was a pw that should have been a 9 and i forget what the other was
but same idea.But i kept going i think until hole 9 where once again i did it. At this point i became
concerned about what was going on. Then the thought hit me to restart the pc take the 2 stroke
penalty an start fresh. Below is a saved shot of the 2nd shot on hole 1. If you can it is worth looking
at. If not i will tell you, i had 100 yds so i used a pw 4 up. The shot was great, too great. It i guess
hit the hole or the pin very low and went 25yds into dry grass. That was it for me.

Doug :oops:

Ooops sounds about right. Just sounds like one of those days we’ve all suffered. That playing the wrong club thing is soo annoying though. Done it plenty of times where I thought I’d changed the club but on starting the swing realised I hadn’t.
Sometimes you can adjust but rarely satisfactorily. The one that annoys me the most is playing from a green side bunker, getting into the shot to realise I’m chipping. Never ever have I intentionally chipped from sand.

Aiming at the little wooden bridge though is just plain crazy. I wouldn’t consider doing that in ammy but in c/c !!!!!
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Jul 20, 2024 2:01 am

After saying that about the wooden bridge i did the usual and hit 2W to stay short of the water but overswung and watched as the ball landed in line with the bridge and with the wind the ball bounced a fraction to the right and somehow stopped in the rough and at the start of the downslope.
Nutter that I am I thought I had have a [censored] the green but of course hit the bank on the other side of the water. Hit a nice approach then missed a 9 foot putt for birdie. That made it 3 9 footers I had missed in the round!!!!!

Got an ace though so not all bad.

Not happy from that round decided to go straight into round 4. Big mistake. Another short putt missed early and messed up both par 5 eagle chances with rubbish 3rd shots. Dread to think how it will go in the C/C rounds
RoyHiggi

Return to Talk About It