PLSA next two weeks

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: PLSA next two weeks

Postby Harpo on Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:25 pm

Well a 9 on hole 5 from the middle tees made it hard to even want to finish my 2nd round. Just got to concentrate on finishing ahead of the guys under me in the points race. Oh heck, I am going to miss 7 weeks this summer what am I concerned about. :cry:
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:47 am

wow did well to carry on the way round 3 went.
I started round 3 so well I thought i was on for a great score... ooops silly thinking. Pretty much lost it from then and only [censored] on to a decent score with the occasional top shot. kept me in with a chance of catching Doug.

Usual stuff in round 4 on the faster greens. It can't be just me who has trouble on quick greens. 2 great chances of birdies messed up because I just cant believe how much the ball will break on quick challenging greens. Inside 10 feet but never even close.
Then on longer putts where I dont think there's a chance I aim pretty much twice as far wide as seems sensible hoping for a good lag and a couple dropped in. Happy days.
RoyHiggi

Postby MasterMontgomery on Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:06 pm

After hole 14 i thought i had it won. Then on 15 i was pin high in 2
with an 18 inch downhill chip to pin, Could only make par. Then back to back
triples on 16 an 17 ended any hopes. I never hit a bad shot on those holes,
it just turned out that way. I imagine i will finish last at the open. I can't handle
those speeds. But, fun!!! :) :) :)

Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby Harpo on Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:19 pm

Like in real life, I think the first hole should have a forgiving fairway landing area. In real life, it speeds up play for the start of everyone's round giving it is your first swing/mouse click. Some courses gives you that and some don't. I hate watching the group in front of me looking in the weeds or water on that very first hole. I can't really complain about this course as I birdied it 3 times and the one time I just snapped to quick and way off to the left for a triple.

Anyway that first swing in c/c can start one off on a bad taste. I think I saw that GoesForIt takes some practice drives before he starts and that is a good idea. I used to use the key command (alt-A) to step away from the ball and take some practice swings but got away from doing this and must get back to it.

See you at the Open.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RonnieSmith on Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:43 pm

I always take a few practice swings before the first tee shot. Calms my nerves. And sometimes later in the round if the "call of nature" interrupts me for a minute or two. Not the case with my current machine, but sometime in the past I had a machine that could be a little balky at the start of a round so I needed to do a few practice swings to get whatever was going on out of its system.

I think at tomorrow's US Open practice round I'm going to try to see DeChambeau unload on the 600+ yard #10 and see what he does.

Cheers,

Ronnie
Harpo wrote:
Anyway that first swing in c/c can start one off on a bad taste. I think I saw that GoesForIt takes some practice drives before he starts and that is a good idea. I used to use the key command (alt-A) to step away from the ball and take some practice swings but got away from doing this and must get back to it.

See you at the Open.
RonnieSmith

Previous

Return to Talk About It