Links not seeing all of system memory

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Links not seeing all of system memory

Postby wsdave on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:10 am

I've been having problems recently with Links 2003 reporting a virtual memory problem both in XP and now in Windows 7.
I have applied all patches, updated my GeForce 8500 GT drivers and set Links program to run in XP compatibility mode.
I was looking to adjust the brightness of the game, both through the video card's controller and the game settings. I went to system information and Links states that I have 1 GB of memory. Well my system has 2 GB of installed RAM. Both Windows 7 and BIOS sees the 2 GB of RAM. I will soon be adding another 4 GB.
I'm at a loss as I "believe" I have checked everything. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated
wsdave

Re: Links not seeing all of system memory

Postby gibby on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:56 am

here's 1, or try typing virtual memory in search window, there's a few more to help

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9054&p=76104&hilit=virtual+memory#p76104
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby wsdave on Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:48 am

Thanks Gibby for that info - I will look into that setting. :D
I'm still a bit concerned that Links doesn't see all of my system memory but it may be due to the fact that this is an older game and is linmited.
Thanks again! :D

Dave
wsdave

Postby Armand on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:29 pm

I don't believe Links shows the correct amount of RAM in the system, unless it's below ____ MB (1024, perhaps???). I don't know for sure, but I don't think it should be any cause for concern.
Armand

Postby BruceWallace on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:26 am

Armand wrote:I don't believe Links shows the correct amount of RAM in the system, unless it's below ____ MB (1024, perhaps???). I don't know for sure, but I don't think it should be any cause for concern.

It never showed mine correctly, and I never gave it a second thought.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971
BruceWallace

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum