Patch 1.05 error after installation

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Patch 1.05 error after installation

Postby shadow507 on Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:59 am

I installed the 1.05 patch. After installation, when I try to start links I receive an error which says there is no disk in the drive. i can then retry, cancel, or continue. I then continue and the games loads fine. Anyone have the same issue and if so, how do I get rid of the annoying message.

Thanks

Mike
shadow507

Postby terrell on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:14 am

there was a thread at linkscorner a coupla years ago, in which crissy posted a fix involving rukshuk.exe. having never had the problem, nor actually reading anyone verifying the fix, i can't confirm firsthand. but ya might goto linkscorner and search for threads containing rukshuk. might get lucky.

i think there was another thread here involving putting any disk in your cdrom drive. again, i've never had the problem, so i can't verify that 100 percent. but this might get you started.

edit: or you could do what i would do. uninstall links (do not delete saved games, courses, a n i s, etc), redownload v1.05, and reinstall.
terrell

Postby Redskin on Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:07 pm

I had this same problem - got tired of clicking on the continue or retry and solved the problem by putting a DVD in my DVD drive -- never had the problem again.
Redskin

Postby Armand on Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:45 pm

There have been recent posts at Links Corner regarding the same and similar issues. The resolution, at for some players with card-readers in their computers, is to re-assign the drive letters of those card readers. I didn't read all of the details, since I don't have a card reader and I have not experienced this problem, but you can read more about it here:
http://linkscorner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19797
or here:
http://linkscorner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16472

Armand
Armand

Postby Golfer69 on Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:54 pm

To me passed the same and was for my card readers of my pc if you have it simply change the letters of the drive for example f,g,h,i for j,k,l,m and will work fine again.
Golfer69

Postby grim_x on Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:32 pm

I've had it a couple times, but, just ignored it and it went away.
grim_x

Put disk in drive

Postby OFC_KraftyT on Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:03 pm

Hi there

I get this error also but only if I have used my cd or DVD Drive. If I start the game up but have not used my drive I do not get this error it is only if I have used my drive and have not rebooted.

I think there is a connection but have no idea how to fix it. reinstalling links does not help.

Hope someone will figure out the connection one day

OFT_KraftyT
OFC_KraftyT

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum