Links 2K3, Windows 7, Nvidia Grafx Cards

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Links 2K3, Windows 7, Nvidia Grafx Cards

Postby tctucom on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Forget all that below. I experimented with the new driver and after a few holes the game crashed.

WHAT I forgot to mention in here is that it only CRASHES ONLINE! I played 9 holes offline in the highest resolution, then 9 holes at 800 x 600 and pushed the slider back and forth between holes.

VERDICT. Incompatiblity with Patch 1.07 and Windows 7. Now I need some help!! :evil:

Yep, I've been contacted a couple of times by members and I've discovered that the major problem with Links2K3 and Windows 7 with Nvidia Cards is the Dynamic View and the slider quality.

Well, well! I just downloaded the newest Nvidia driver for my 8800 GT 512 MB PCI-e and voila! No more problems with Windows 7 and Links 2003. For everyone's edification, I played in every display mode. Right now I'm playing it in it's own windows (800 x 600) but it's great in all the higher resolutions.

Guess I can take back that advice about the slider------that was pre-nvidia driver:
195.62 WHQL
Release Date: 2009.11.26
Operating System: Windows 7, Windows Vista 32 Bit
Language: English (U.S.)
File Size: 105 MB
tctucom

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum