problem creating game in matchmaker

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

problem creating game in matchmaker

Postby briso on Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:51 pm

I click on create game, then someone joins, I launch game and I,m presented with a screen that says start new game or resume game. I don,t have a resume game so I click new game, next screen has me waiting to play game but no one can join. As far as I,m aware my fire wall is disabled and I don,t have a router. I can join games but I can,t create any.

My thanks to Canuck for trying to help me but as I am not very tech when it comes to computers I need all the help I can get.

Does anyone else have the same problems and can anyone help ?

Many thanks,

Brian.
briso

Re: problem creating game in matchmaker

Postby canuck on Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:19 am

briso wrote:I click on create game, then someone joins, I launch game and I,m presented with a screen that says start new game or resume game. I don,t have a resume game so I click new game, next screen has me waiting to play game but no one can join. As far as I,m aware my fire wall is disabled and I don,t have a router. I can join games but I can,t create any.

My thanks to Canuck for trying to help me but as I am not very tech when it comes to computers I need all the help I can get.

Does anyone else have the same problems and can anyone help ?

Many thanks,

Brian.
you might have a firewall somewhere that you are not aware of. you have no router thats good.
a modem might have a firewall......or you may have one or two software firewalls running.

when you do a test launch as host make sure before the other players are able to join other games(ask them)

if you find a firewall , try this......C:\WINDOWS\system32\dplaysvr.exe.....allow this file as incoming on the exception list in your firewall. all ports...tcp/udp...all IP addresses

chris
canuck

Postby briso on Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:42 am

Thanks for the quick reply Chris any idea how I might find hidden firewalls?

thanks again,

Brian.
briso

Postby canuck on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:23 am

briso wrote:Thanks for the quick reply Chris any idea how I might find hidden firewalls?

thanks again,

Brian.

what type of internet connection do you use? adsl or cable or 56k(dailup)

your ISP(internet service provider) might have a firewall...contact them.

what is the name of the firewall you have disabled on your computer?
read this briso...... http://www.microsoft.com/athome/securit ... ewall.mspx

chris
canuck

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum