Getting Started

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Getting Started

Postby Pete Schmitz on Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:22 pm

I have just joined the new LSN Tour. I am trying to join a tournament by following the instructions on how to play. It is not working for me. First step of the instructions is to switch over to the LSPN Server, but I am not clear on how this is done.

Any help would be appreciated.
Pete Schmitz

Postby RR_CrazyHorse on Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:17 pm

I can only tell you how I did it. I clicked on the Testing Tournaments tab at the top. Then I clicked on the 2003 button. I chose to save the file to a folder on my hard drive. I shut down my browser and executed the file. I went to my start button, the run tab, then typed in Regedit. clicked on the + sign next to HKEY CURRENT USERS. clicked on the + sign next to SOFTWARE. clicked on the + sign for MICROSOFT. clicked on the plus sign for MICROSOFT GAMES. Clicked on the + sign for LINKS 2003. clicked on the folder for LINKS TOUR. scrolled down and next to SERVER seen http://www.lspn.net I knew the installer worked and I'm good to go.
I then went to matchmaker and was successful creating a game and joining a game. Others have not been so lucky and the reasons may vary from installer not changing the server address in LINKS TOUR folder in their Registry to not following the run the software after trying to connect to a game to having firewalls on or Internet security programs running. Thats all I got hope it helps.
"No matter where you go, There you are"
RR_CrazyHorse

new sight

Postby djwoods10 on Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:08 am

just click on the home button go down were it says click on this and run it it will do every thing for you
just play and have fun - don
djwoods10

Postby KenDibble on Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:20 am

[quote="RR_CrazyHorse"]I can only tell you how I did it. I clicked on the Testing Tournaments tab at the top. Then I clicked on the 2003 button. I chose to save the file to a folder on my hard drive. I shut down my browser and executed the file. I went to my start button, the run tab, then typed in Regedit. clicked on the + sign next to HKEY CURRENT USERS. clicked on the + sign next to SOFTWARE. clicked on the + sign for MICROSOFT. clicked on the plus sign for MICROSOFT GAMES. Clicked on the + sign for LINKS 2003. clicked on the folder for LINKS TOUR. scrolled down and next to SERVER seen http://www.lspn.net I knew the installer worked and I'm good to go.
I then went to matchmaker and was successful creating a game and joining a game. Others have not been so lucky and the reasons may vary from installer not changing the server address in LINKS TOUR folder in their Registry to not following the run the software after trying to connect to a game to having firewalls on or Internet security programs running. Thats all I got hope it helps.[/quote]

Well, I have followed all of these suggestions and it still won't long me in to the Links Tour. I checked the regedit and it shows that LSPN is the new server but it still won't connect. Any other suggestions? I'm going through withdrawals having been out of town for a week! :?
KenDibble

Ken Dibble

Postby gunner on Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:32 am

First there is no spaces in Names, you have to change that to start.

Gary
gunner

Postby Freefaller on Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:02 pm

You can change your name by posting your current name in the below thread and asking for it to be changed to something with no space (eg: KenDibble, Ken_Dibble, etc).

http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176&start=30

when you see a response, try to play again and let us know
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum