Connection Solved

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Connection Solved

Postby ParSumMac on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:06 pm

Connection at last!

For those of you who have DSL Modem/Routers (Specifically the Westell 6100 from Bellsouth or AT&T) Be aware of my findings:

First of all it is necessary to engage the port forwarding on the modem and open the appropriate TCT & UDP Ports. Selecting the Pre configured ports such as Game Zone Dx7 & 8 while accurate will not do because Bellsouth in their infinite wisdom screwed it up. For example, port 47624 is listed twice. Yes that is correct and as it should be, however, one should be for TCP & the other should be for UDP. In this pre configured instance that is not correct. That is not the only port that is not correct. I have spent 4 months trying to get this [censored] thing to work through a router and with no luck. due to their [censored] up. If you have a DSL Modem and you are connected to the Internet via this edifice and you have a Linksys Router, then I can help you with the ports to join a game. Unfortunately, I have of yet been able to host a game. I will given time. I need some good people who are willing to participate in a managed approach to the problem so that we can solve most connection problems once and for all.

Should any of you duffers wish to join me in my quest in solving our connection problems once and for all, then call me at 256-447-0000, I will call you back at no cost to you. Or you can leave me a message at mac_mcc3@hotmail.com. I recently installed Skype and that is available as well.

Shutting down the Zone sucks, and Matchmaker, rest in peace. Just like Jurassic Park, Golf will find a way.

Peace Everyone.

Mac ParSumMac
ParSumMac

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum