Niggly problem when trying to play alt in LSPN MM

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Niggly problem when trying to play alt in LSPN MM

Postby Pappy on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:46 am

When playing alt how is it possible to see only one player (mainly the host I believe) but I don't see the rest (this is right after launch where you end up in the upper window then go to lower window with version number). I haven't been having any problems until I believe Zone Alarm did a major upgrade (to 7.0)in the Security Suite. They took out all my settings so basically I had to start from scratch. I appears I'm up to snuff for ZA tho because when I launched with ZA firewall enabled and router firewall disabled (forgot to mention I have a Belkin Wireless G router) it would work perfectly. When it's the other way or both firewalls are going I would see that problem (so we end up having to re-launch after I turn off router firewall).

Now since ZA was the one with the big changes and I had to re-input the settings you would think it would be a ZA firewall problem (and it may be as there may be setting that is affecting the router firewall).

I checked through everything I could think of - searched forums - made sure all ports had the correct ports numbers, etc. I'm stumped at the moment. It's kind of a pain to have to disable a firewall in order to play. I would rather find out what is wrong and fix it. So if there is anyone who may have any idea of where to look and what to do, etc I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Pappy (Pete)
Pappy

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum