Links Crashed

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Links Crashed

Postby Lworthley on Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:41 pm

I was in my first tournament, and Links crashed when I was on the 16th hole. I was disqualified, and I wanted to know if this was normal or if I will be able to finish the tournament.
Lworthley

Postby terrell on Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:12 am

http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2048&highlight=thingy

crashing in the middle of rounds is very common for some, but extremely rare for others. kinda depends on the stability of your pc. links is an ancient dx7 application, that barely taxes the resources of most pc's, but if you have remnants of old graphics drivers lurking, or you have tons of applications/dll's/services running in the background (particularly instant messengers), you never defrag, and you've never installed a firewall, you may have spurious problems (with any application).

if i ever start having crashing problems, i would goto guru3d.com, peruse the forums for the proper way to uninstall/install graphics drivers. perhaps perform a clean boot to eliminate non-ms applications from conflicting with links. and turn off any third party sound scripts you may be using. many times a sound event will crash links on a particular course(s). you may just have problems with a corrupted course file, requiring a redownload.

as you can tell, there's a thousand different reasons for pc crashes. your results may vary. (8
terrell

Postby Freefaller on Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:29 am

Also, you should have been offered a "Resume" option the next time you logged onto Links (it would have taken you back to the last shot before the crash). Failing that you may be able to "requalify", go to the Home page, click the Competing In tab, find the tourney you were disqualified from, then click the icon (looks like two arrows chasing each other) beside the tourney name. Good luck
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby Lworthley on Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:49 am

Thank you so much for the responses. Links has crashed a couple times in the past, I have windows Vista, which I really don't like much. I was offered to resume, and I did, but after I finished it said the results couldn't be sent. I ended up pushing the requalifying button and got my round in. Thanks again for the suggestions. :D
Lworthley

Postby terrell on Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:00 am

copy that on vista. it's ok if you got it with a new system. but i feel like a real putz putting out a coupla hundred bucks to 'upgrade' from xp.

i couldn't get links to run very well with my mx4000 and vista. but i picked up a 6200 pretty cheap off ebay, and had no problems after that.

links should work fine for you on vista. keep that guru3d.com link in your favorites and vista should be a smooth ride. (8
terrell

Postby djwoods10 on Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:31 am

same thing happen to me but at the end of the round stats would not subment
just play and have fun - don
djwoods10

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum