New Problems!

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

New Problems!

Postby golfdoc on Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:09 pm

Well, I logged into links tourneys just fine however each and every hole I play, Links doesn't advance me to the next hole without me hitting the yes button to cancel round? If I hit no, it ends the game and if I hit yes to cancel, it advances me to the next hole however my scores aren't fowarded to tourney and it lists me as disqualified. I've never had this happen to me before. Can you help? Thanks.

golfdoc
golfdoc

Postby terrell on Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:35 pm

have you opted to play 'online', but forgotten to stay connected? broadband or dialup? under connection settings, have you unchecked 'use system internet settings', and checked 'connect through lan or connect manually'?
terrell

Postby golfdoc on Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:25 pm

I have DSL and am always online as for the other option, that is exactly what I have checked. Thanks.

golfdoc
golfdoc

Postby terrell on Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:19 am

could you possibly be clicking on something other than 'continue' after finishing a hole? i know there's an option to auto continue after putting out, but i've never used it (coulda been a different version). and have you verified you have 'play online' selected?
terrell

Postby gibby on Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:44 am

Have you given Links full permissions to access the Internet,either in McAfee or Norton or whatever your using?
gibby

Postby mike58 on Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:49 am

I have always on cable and sometimes you just have to wait for the next hole if things are slow. I also have trouble with my internet connection ( which my cable company can't seem to fix) and links will time-out trying to send the score for the hole. When that happens, I get the message that I have lost my internet connection and should check it. I just go on and the next hole comes up and I keep playing. If my connection comes back during the round, it will correct everything when it submits stats at the end of the round. If it hasn't come back by the end of the round, you get the can't submit stats message. I have not had any problem with them submitting the next time I log in.
mike58

Postby golfdoc on Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:53 am

Where do you verify to play online? Also, how do you give access to links? I've always played the tour before (a couple of years ago) and never had a problem. I was just disqualified from the latest tourn. Thanks.

golfdoc
golfdoc

Postby golfdoc on Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:57 am

Another tidbit ....I just went to links match maker and it said status..not logged in ? My computer is always on and always has internet connections. What gives? Any help is apreciated.
Thanks.

golfdoc
golfdoc

Postby terrell on Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:42 pm

golfdoc wrote:Where do you verify to play online? Also, how do you give access to links? I've always played the tour before (a couple of years ago) and never had a problem. I was just disqualified from the latest tourn. Thanks.

first, login to the lspn tour. click on game settings, under game options, verify you've ticked 'play online'. i think that's the easiest bet for you at the moment.

and i'll go out on a limb and guess you're browsing with internet explorer? click tools|internet options|security|sites and type in http://www.lspn.net

i think that will take care of any cookie issues you might have with lspn.net. i'll also assume you're not using a software firewall.
terrell

Postby gibby on Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:33 pm

Have you been able to finnish any event?
If so what has changed on your system since then?
I don't see you listed in champ,pro or ammy click.
Just because your computer is connected 24/7 your game needs to access the connection.
Do you have a firewall?
Like T asked start your game, go to connection settings, write them down and post them here.
gibby

Postby golfdoc on Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:25 am

Well I went into tools and did what you said with no luck. The game crashes after the first completed hole then disqualifies me. I requalify myself with a one stroke penality and continue. Every hole asks to wait while links prepares the next hole, but nothing happens, no matter how long I wait. I press cancel, it tells me I will be disqualified and advances me to the next hole. Same problems, same confusion. Please help. TW 08 is looking better all the time. :(

golfdoc
golfdoc

Postby terrell on Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:54 am

golfdoc wrote:TW 08 is looking better all the time. :(

golfdoc

bummer. but i would strongly advise that's exactly what you should do. even if we lose a member of the family, we're all about having fun. and if'n tryin' t-word does it for you, so be it. (8
terrell

Postby Fraser on Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:58 am

I used to get the same error, and the only thing that fixed it was reinstalling Links. It has nothing to do with this site, or playing online or offline, it's the game itself.
Fraser

Postby golfdoc on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:41 pm

I dowloaded links3k and installed it but the error continued? Is there anything else you can think of. I've even called my internet company and they said everything is running fine. HELP!

golfdoc
golfdoc

Postby tryandtyoneon on Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:34 pm

golfdoc wrote:I dowloaded links3k and installed it but the error continued? Is there anything else you can think of. I've even called my internet company and they said everything is running fine. HELP!

golfdoc

Download skype and look me up and we'll get you through this....For some reason, you are losing your internet connection when you fire up links and start playing. This is why you are sitting there after every hole, links is trying to send those hole stats to the server, the one you are no longer connected to.

Your description of what happens ( although everytime is rare) is the same as most folks have experienced at least once due to an internet connection being dropped. Why it's happening to you everytime is what has to be worked out.
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Next

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum