Copy Protection

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Copy Protection

Postby kuhn_j on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:57 am

When trying to install on my laptop, when asked to put disc 1 back in my CD player hangs up. I suspect it is because the drive is incompatible with the copy protection. It happens when it verifies the installation. Anyone know of a work around?
kuhn_j

Re: Copy Protection

Postby terrell on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:08 am

if you have a usb card reader attached, disconnect it, and try the cd again. or disconnect the card reader and reinstall again. reboot may be required (never had the problem).

kuhn_j wrote:I suspect it is because the drive is incompatible with the copy protection.

i've never heard of that before. i know certain drives need to support particular formats, e.g. cd-rw or cd+rw, in order to write to them.

edit: oh, forgot to mention, leave the links cd in the installation drive until after starting the game the first time. cuts down on a modicum of confusion.
terrell

Postby kuhn_j on Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:31 am

Nothing works. It is when disc 1 looks for verification of the installation that I get error messages directing me to the readme file. Thanks for your reply tho.
kuhn_j

Postby terrell on Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:51 am

this thread seems to have some interesting thoughts:

http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13219#13219
terrell

Re: Copy Protection

Postby GaryTaylor on Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:45 pm

kuhn_j wrote:When trying to install on my laptop, when asked to put disc 1 back in my CD player hangs up. I suspect it is because the drive is incompatible with the copy protection. It happens when it verifies the installation. Anyone know of a work around?

Before going any further is your disk 1 the oringinal store bought Links2003 disk or a copy of the store bought disk?

I ask this because you can copy Links 2003 and it will install fine but when you start up the game for the first time it will not verify and let you play.
GaryTaylor

Postby kuhn_j on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:09 pm

It is the original disk.
kuhn_j

Postby GaryTaylor on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:26 pm

If you installed Links and left the CD in the tray when you first started up links to play and got the insert disk message, I can only think that the disk might be bad. Try cleaning the disk and make sure the laptop is on a flat surface is all I can guess at as I didn't have any trouble at all loading it onto my laptop. :(
GaryTaylor

Postby kuhn_j on Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:18 am

GaryTaylor wrote:If you installed Links and left the CD in the tray when you first started up links to play and got the insert disk message, I can only think that the disk might be bad. Try cleaning the disk and make sure the laptop is on a flat surface is all I can guess at as I didn't have any trouble at all loading it onto my laptop. :(

Got it!!! Thanks for your suggestion.
kuhn_j

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum