Camera views - Links 2003

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Camera views - Links 2003

Postby ozipete on Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:57 pm

Previously the top camera view was excellent, however it now shows a distant view which is not much help. Any advice would be appreciated. Also The top view previously showed the ball in flight and its final position - now it shows nothing.
ozipete

Postby terrell on Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:29 am

if you goto the top of the top view window, you can see some controls pop up. if you click on the first (golf ball) object, you can change views. you can also zoom in or out on a hole. or you can center the view on wherever you click in the window.

as for not being able to see the flight of the golf ball, one of two things. either you're zoomed out too far, and the size of the ball is too small to see. in which case, you can zoom in and/or goto options|game options (i think) and increase the size of the ball (in retrospect, not sure if that actually works in the top view, but give it a try). the other problem is you might be playing on a machine with an integrated intel graphics chip. lemme know if that's the case, and we'll delve further into it.
terrell

Postby gibby on Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:32 am

must have updated graphics driver, ck'd all kinds of in game settings and can not reproduce your problem.
If it's a Intel, here we go again :lol:
gibby

Re: Camera views - Links 2003

Postby Freefaller on Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:11 am

ozipete wrote:Previously the top camera view was excellent, however it now shows a distant view

Open a course with your fav player and on the first tee hover your mouse pointer around the bottom edge of your top view and once you get the double arrow resizing indicator click and drag until the view is the size you wish. Once done you can exit and this change is effective for every course, location, offline, online, etc.

ozipete wrote:Also The top view previously showed the ball in flight and its final position - now it shows nothing.

While on the first tee move your mouse down to the bottom of the screen and several tabs will appear, click "Display", move up the menu and click "Tracer", on the "Tracer Options" menu click "Permanent Tracer in all Cameras", click OK. As before once you exit this change is in effect everywhere.

As to why it changed from your normal setting in the first place, haven't a clue (are you using a new player, maybe?) Anyway it doesn't matter, this should fix the issue. Although as T & G mentionned it could be a graphics issue but it doesn't really sound like one. Good luck
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby gibby on Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:26 am

if i'm not mistaken tracer only works if you already see the ball, just adds a tail(comet trail)
If no ball is in the camera view adding a tail still won't show it.
gibby

Re: Camera views - Links 2003

Postby Armand on Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:05 am

ozipete wrote:Previously the top camera view was excellent, however it now shows a distant view which is not much help. Any advice would be appreciated. Also The top view previously showed the ball in flight and its final position - now it shows nothing.

In the 'Golfer Options' of the game, choose something other than 'Panoramic' or 'Panoramic except near the green'. I'm guessing this (inadvertently?) got chosen/selected. 'Normal' or 'Close-Up' view is probably what you're used to seeing.
[Edit: I re-read your post and you refer to the Top Cam only - this first comment of mine is irrelevant; sorry!]

Try closing and then re-opening the Top Cam and see if it reverts back to "the way it was". If not, mouse over the upper left corner of the 'Top Cam' and click on the golf ball. Choose 'Return to Original Settings' and see if that helps with showing the ball flight. If not, it could be that the ball size is very small and not as noticeable as before. You can change this in the 'golfer settings' as well (I think it's there - or under 'graphic options'). If neither of these work, it could be related to a video card driver.

Armand
Armand

Postby gibby on Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:59 am

normal,panoramic,close-up,normal size ball,large,ex-large whatever the setting ball appears in top cam,with or without comet trail.
He's got something else happening.
Is golfer dissapearing?
Can you see ball flight in main cam?
Does aim marker show up?
Until he lets us know, this is all guess work
gibby

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum