Something wrong in Tournament play

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Something wrong in Tournament play

Postby MartyW on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:13 am

I lost power playing the bighorn shootout. At that time I was minus 6 after 8 holes on first round. I had to requalify the message in doing so i would be assessed a 1 stroke penalty. Going back into game before shooting , the game showed i was minus 6 . After playing 3 holes and making 2 birdies the game showed my score as -4. I stopped at that point to compose this message. I will continue the the game but i feel after 4 more birds i will be even par. I am bringing this to your attention so you can rectify the problem

I am 74 years old and love the game which I use to check my mental awareness.I appreciate the work you guys are doing to keep a competitive edge to the play.

Martin Walton (TT_Martwalt)
MartyW

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:02 pm

martin, were you playing online or offline? if you play offline you may get a free resume if the game crashes from a power dropout, spike etc. i'm an old guy too, and offline play has resulted in the fact that i have had no lost games, or failures of the game to accept stats in tour play in over four years. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Tresclub on Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:31 am

Larry, Playing offline, at what point do you go "oneline" so that your stats will transmit, and how do you make the online connection? I have always played online with no stats transfer problems, but am just curious as to other options.
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:23 am

W, some players reconnect sometime during play at #18, but i putt out, check the round scorecard, and then alt-tab out of the game to desk top and reconnect with the net, then the online links tour. after going through sign-in, a window always pops up asking "do i want to submit stats now". i never exit the game before submitting stats.

at one point, long ago, the game would actually dialup and reconnect for me, but those days are long gone. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Tresclub on Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:21 pm

OK, That must be the difference. With my DSL line, I am always "connected" to the net, and I always play "online".
So far so good, no problems or crashes.
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby gibby on Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:57 am

Warren, you could disable your connection while playing or turn off your modem, then change back after your rd, but having cable I just play on-line with very few problems.
gibby

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:34 am

Tresclub wrote:OK, That must be the difference. With my DSL line, I am always "connected" to the net, and I always play "online".
So far so good, no problems or crashes.

You can play "offline" with dsl too. it reconnects itself after the 18th hole and submits your stats
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby MartyW on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:45 pm

Thanks guys, it was not the submittal of game. I did lose power and when i got back on i Had to requal so far no prob. When i re-entered the tour it showed me having a -6 on hole 1 of the first round the round I was playing- when i Scored a Bird it went to -5 then to -4 etc .This makes me think there maybe a problem in the scoring algorithm. BTW i have cable but cox seems lose its connection quite often or maybe its my modem
Thanks for ur interest
MartyW

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum