D-LINK DVG 1120

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

D-LINK DVG 1120

Postby GS_Lenard50 on Sun May 13, 2007 8:49 am

Since I got Primus talkbroadband, I can't play online. Talked to my ISP, and they said it's not there problem, contact Primus. And in turn, they said, not there problem, contact my ISP. Obviosly getting the run around. Tried the port forwarding website: http://www.portforward.com/english/appl ... sindex.htm
and they don't have my Gateway listed (Above subject). I am at my wits end. Anyone else with this problem, and what else can I do? :(
GS_Lenard50

Postby lstucz on Sun May 13, 2007 10:04 am

A quick google search of the make and model you posted brought this up as one of the first links. Looks like a good place to start. The instructions are there for several different types of access. Also, a link to the user's manual. The one thing that I may not be seeing is the login and password. Those should be in the user manual and most are the same for every model from one company, unless someone has gone in already and changed them.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/D-link+DVG-1120

Good Luck!
Lou
lstucz

Postby GS_Lenard50 on Sun May 13, 2007 10:48 am

Thank you for quick reply. I'll give that a try and let you know how it goes.
GS_Lenard50

Postby lstucz on Sun May 13, 2007 11:25 am

Something else I did not add before!

Once you do get in to reprogram your router, apply the commands from the forwarding site, directed towards the other D-Link routers. It might help to pick the one closest to your router and print them out for reference.
Lou
lstucz

Postby GS_Lenard50 on Sun May 13, 2007 11:45 am

I'm afraid I can't make head over heals on the web page. I don't have a router, just the D-Link
Gateway and my cable modem.
GS_Lenard50

Postby lstucz on Sun May 13, 2007 1:50 pm

If the model number you posted is correct, this thing you are calling a gateway is a VoIP router. In other words, it is a router built to convert a voice telephone to an internet telephone. I use a similar model made by Cisco for my Vonage VoIP telephone service.

I will admit that the first time I tried to get into my router to change the settings, it was a bit confusing. All you are doing to get to the settings is to enter through your browser. In my case that is Internet Explorer.

I open up the browser and enter the address needed to access the router. With the correct address entered, it will request a login name and password, just like logging in to this site. Those three things are the key to accessing your settings and they should be in the instructions inside the user manual. Once in, just alter your port settings like instructed at the port forwarding site.

Step-by-step instructions for accessing the management console of your router.
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. In the address bar at the top of the browser enter this address. 192.168.0.1
3. According to your user manual, the login and password are both "admin".
4. When prompted for a login ID and password, enter the word "admin" for each. Do not use the quotation marks. They were placed there strictly for emphasize.

Note* You should now be in to the web based management console.

5. Click on the proper tabs on the left-hand side of the console to enter the changes to your port forwarding management, following instructions printed out from the website you listed in your original post.
6. When all the proper changes have been made, then click on the tab to "Save and Restart"
7. You should be ready to play online.
8. Send a check for $80 to the following address. Just kidding! :wink: :lol:

Sorry, if I did anything more to help you I would have to do it myself.
Lou
lstucz

Postby GS_Lenard50 on Sun May 13, 2007 4:06 pm

I forgot to mention that the model I have is 1120M, and the setup they show there is for 1120S.
GS_Lenard50

Postby lstucz on Sun May 13, 2007 7:11 pm

Actually, most of what is shown on the link I posted is for the M designated model. The user's manual they linked to was the S series. There are minor differences in the way they handle VoIP; however, both models are very similar and the instructions I gave should work.

There are really very few difference between any brand or model of router in regards to the way they are programmed. They all have to use similar protocols to connect to the internet.

Nothing more I can do for you. Several thousand miles between us and you don't seem to be getting it. Perhaps you can find a professional in your area to do the work for you.

Good Luck!
Lou
lstucz

Postby canuck on Sun May 13, 2007 8:11 pm

where are you trying to play online?
-at match maker here?
-direct connection? (in game)
-through the tournaments here?
-links match maker? (in game)

chris
canuck

Postby GS_Lenard50 on Mon May 14, 2007 7:44 pm

Direct connection. Haven't tried Links.Sports.net.
GS_Lenard50

Postby Armand on Tue May 15, 2007 8:59 pm

Lenard,

I ran into the same issue using Primus' 1120M Gateway. I had to buy and internet "switch" and ensure that I had two IP addresses from my ISP (Shaw). Read about the details in this thread:
http://linkscorner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21190

I've since gotten rid of Primus and now have the switch in a box. Where do you live? (reply by PM if you'd prefer). If it's not too far out of the way, perhaps I could help you out. I'm in Calgary, but occasionally make trips to Edmonton.

Armand

Edit -- It would appear it was your post at Links Corner I replied to! Let me know if you can't find a resolution. The switch worked well for me.
Armand

Postby GS_Lenard50 on Sat May 19, 2007 6:06 pm

Aquired 2nd IP off ISP, how do I se up bridge mode in my configurations?
GS_Lenard50

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum