Unable to play online when trying toaccess through Links 2k3

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Unable to play online when trying toaccess through Links 2k3

Postby THC_RedDevil on Sat May 12, 2007 4:12 am

HELP : unable to play through the game into LSP tournaments says i have wrong verion.tells me to goto linkscorner to download yet i am using .1.05 and have run the LSPN.exe :twisted: please help fellas and ladies
THC_RedDevil

Postby Freefaller on Sat May 12, 2007 6:38 am

I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby gibby on Sat May 12, 2007 6:40 am

were you able to play b-4, make sure your not using mod 1.06, what are your connection settings, give us as much as you can someone will help.
gibby

Postby THC_RedDevil on Sun May 13, 2007 12:03 am

Thanks for your help fellas.my game works fine now thank you. i found out my 8 year old son had erased the LSPN.exe file and some of my courses......you gotta love kids aint ya ;)
THC_RedDevil

Postby ihidive10 on Thu May 17, 2007 7:39 am

I am brand new to this, can someone tell me what I have to do to play online? I have tried to use the sportslinks to gain info, but none come up (something with javascript I believe) even tried updating javascript so I could read how to do this.

I believe my connection is fine, using cable and I have run Nascar 2003 online for years. Just can't seem to figure out how to join a tournament. Also, I do not get the "Tour Option" when I first start links, not sure if I'm supposed to get that or not. I am also not sure what version I'm running. Game was given to me by a buddy that never played it.

Any help would be appreciated.
ihidive10

Postby Freefaller on Thu May 17, 2007 8:05 am

ihidive10 wrote:I am brand new to this, can someone tell me what I have to do to play online? I have tried to use the sportslinks to gain info, but none come up (something with javascript I believe) even tried updating javascript so I could read how to do this. .

Don't worry about the java thing, that section hasn't been completed yet so there's actually nothing there for you to read.

ihidive10 wrote:I believe my connection is fine, using cable and I have run Nascar 2003 online for years. Just can't seem to figure out how to join a tournament. Also, I do not get the "Tour Option" when I first start links, not sure if I'm supposed to get that or not. I am also not sure what version I'm running. Game was given to me by a buddy that never played it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ok we'll start with just the normal stuff. Firstly go to the below site and download/install the v1.05 update.

http://www.linkscountryclub.com/

Next run the below script

http://www.lspn.net/testing/LSTour_LSPN.exe

Next

To begin playing tournaments, Open Links 2003>click Online>click The Links Tour>enter your User Name/Password>click OK>at the News screen click OK. You're now at the tournament screen, click a tournament you want to play in (make sure you have the necessary courses), click Begin play

Normally the above will get you playing. Give it a try and if you still have probs c'mon back.
Freefaller

Postby terrell on Thu May 17, 2007 8:25 am

Freefaller wrote:Don't worry about the java thing, that section hasn't been completed yet so there's actually nothing there for you to read.

big difference between java and javascript, free'. not a big thing because most peeps aren't gonna care anyway. but the rest of the stuff was spot on. (8
terrell

Postby ihidive10 on Thu May 17, 2007 8:52 am

Freefaller Thanks!! I was missing the update to v1.05 gonna try to join a tourney now.
ihidive10

Postby ihidive10 on Thu May 17, 2007 8:56 am

Ok, I still think Im missing something here. I now have the tourney button and all that from the mod, but when I go to join a tourney, it says its OK to join, where do I click to join? When I click the tourney name I get the leaderboard, but no where on there is a join button. I have all the courses for the tourney I was trying to get into.
ihidive10

Postby Freefaller on Thu May 17, 2007 9:05 am

ihidive10 wrote:Ok, I still think Im missing something here. I now have the tourney button and all that from the mod, but when I go to join a tourney, it says its OK to join, where do I click to join? When I click the tourney name I get the leaderboard, but no where on there is a join button. I have all the courses for the tourney I was trying to get into.

I'm not sure but it kinda sounds like you're trying to play the game from the Homepage. You've got to open the Links 2003 icon on your desktop and follow the instructions in my previous post. If you are at the tounament page within the game there is a "Begin Play" button in the lower right corner
Freefaller

Postby terrell on Thu May 17, 2007 9:06 am

ihidive10 wrote:Ok, I still think Im missing something here. I now have the tourney button and all that from the mod, but when I go to join a tourney, it says its OK to join, where do I click to join? When I click the tourney name I get the leaderboard, but no where on there is a join button. I have all the courses for the tourney I was trying to get into.

ya need to click on the links 2003 icon pointing here:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Links 2003\LinksLauncher.exe

the game isn't called from browsing the homepage. once you login, you'll see events, provided you've chosen 'the arcade' in the options menu.

edit: dangit, free'!!! (8
terrell

Postby Freefaller on Thu May 17, 2007 9:18 am

terrell wrote:edit: dangit, free'!!! (8

LOL T, bit quicker here today, musta been the the 5 cups of javascript I had.
Freefaller

Postby ihidive10 on Thu May 17, 2007 10:41 am

Thanks for all the help, I got it all set and joined a tourney. Now i need to practice lol. Thanks Again Guys!!
ihidive10

Postby Freefaller on Thu May 17, 2007 4:37 pm

Enjoy.
Freefaller

Postby venom73 on Sat May 19, 2007 4:05 pm

ive followed all instructions posted here and still sais i need the update i checked about sais 1.05 final yet when i click join links tour again redirects me to update
venom73

Next

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum