Launcher problem

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Launcher problem

Postby Damon on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:12 am

Is anyone else having this problem?

When i enter match maker on lspn.net, i creat a room and when i start the launcher downloads but when it installs it says that it failed because it can't launch that application. its a windows error it appears. I'm running on vista, links works but only after it gives and no disk error with a bunch of numbers, then i hit continue, then it works fine. Any idaes?

Damon
Damon

Postby txTarHeel on Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:28 am

I can't really answer your question about why this happens, but I've gotten into the habit of saving the launcher to my desktop (via clicking the "save" button instead of the "run" button). I then double-click the launcher icon on my desktop to join the match maker game. If I get an error, I simply close the window (via the "X" in the upper right-hand corner) and double-click the launcher icon again. I keep doing this until the game starts successfully.

I hope this helps even though I didn't answer your original question.

---Lonnie
txTarHeel

Postby terrell on Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:25 am

lonnie, have ya ever looked the event viewer after the launcher failed to...launch? anything ya see under application should be interesting.
terrell

Postby Damon on Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:44 am

Just for anyone else who has thins problem. It was caused by the no disk error that other people have noticed. I just ran the safedisk2 program, and it took care of the error, which in turn took care of my problem. Thanks to everyone who had answered the disk error questions before.
Damon

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum