Direct conection/Match maker issues

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Direct conection/Match maker issues

Postby Cr_Augusta on Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:10 pm

My brother and I have been playing links 2003 direct connection for a few years now. He just changed computer running xp and we have not been able to to host or join a game. We get the same error message: failed connection. We have the same problem in match maker in links.
We tried joining a game from someone else from matchmaker from links and I could connect but my brother gets the same message.
We tried to play from lspn matchmaker but again we get the same message if he host or I host.
I have played before and after with fellow members without a problems.
My brother and I have oppenned the ports recommend by microsoft and installed the latest directx. He does not have a router and he is running a dsl modem. I have a router and a dsl modem. We have lowered security in xp to medium. Xp won't allow any lower. We both have version 1.05.
I think the problems is more with him than me but I can't see what else I can do.
The questions are what could be stopping the communication, is it a problem with links, with the version upgrade or all of the above or nothing of the above.

Help would be really appeciated,

Claude

Cr_Augusta

Postby tryandtyoneon on Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:43 pm

have you made links 2003 an exception in your security settings/firewall?

Start/control panel/windows firewall/exceptions/add program.....check off link 2003
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Cr_Augusta on Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:17 pm

Yes we have, in both computers.
Cr_Augusta

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum