Course Convertor

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Course Convertor

Postby Coltsfan on Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:56 am

I had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall everything. In the process I reinstalled links 2003 with all my courses. But I found a cd with old courses on it that end in .crt . The course convertor I have only converts .crx to .crz.Anyone know where I can get the course convertor that will update at least to .crx.
Coltsfan

Postby terrell on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:58 am

hmmm, crt is a new one on me. i know you might be able to find a crh => crx converter on old access software diskettes. and i think we even had a discussion once about whether you could convert crs courses (microsoft golf), but i never had any, so i'm not positive about that.

since i backup to an external drive, it's been years since i've converted anything.
terrell

Postby Freefaller on Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:29 pm

Hmm, new one on me too. I've heard of crs, crh, crx and crz but never crt. My only guess is some early Links course files were made for MacIntosh computers, maybe crt was their file extension?
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby sgt_cook on Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:36 pm

I'm no whiz at this stuff, but it just seems to me that CRT deals with the very old courses that were probably dos based. CRT equates to C:/ Run Time.

I reserve the right to be totally way off base on this. :lol:
sgt_cook

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:38 am

could it be that it's an old mac only disc before they figured out how to combine the files into one cd? lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Harpo on Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:52 am

I have a couple of course disk just for the mac still in the shrinkwrap at home. I will look at one when I get home from work mid morning today.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Harpo on Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:33 pm

Mac courses were also .crh and .crz.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Armand on Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:41 pm

To my knowledge, there was never a CRT extension for Links courses for the PC. I'm not sure about the Mac, but it doesn't seem so, as Jim pointed out. Is there a chance these courses could be for Tiger Woods golf or some other golf game? What are the course names (this could tell us if they were from another game)?

The old Access courses that were DOS based had a CRS extension and had to be converted to CRH when Links 386Pro came out (I believe). The CRH could then be converted to CRX using Links LS (1997). When the APCD came along, the courses were changed to CRZ. The converter can be downloaded from http://www.linkscountryclub.com or can be found on CD3 (or was it CD4?) of Links 2003.

Armand
Armand

Postby Tresclub on Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:52 am

I wonder if the CRT extension might be for the old MS-Golf game, or maybe one of the video games.
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Re: Course Convertor

Postby Coltsfan on Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:17 am

Coltsfan wrote:I had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall everything. In the process I reinstalled links 2003 with all my courses. But I found a cd with old courses on it that end in .crt . The course convertor I have only converts .crx to .crz.Anyone know where I can get the course convertor that will update at least to .crx.

I appreciate the help. It is a runtime course from the older dos based courses.
Coltsfan

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum