Cool Carnival mess up

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Cool Carnival mess up

Postby Jimboroks1 on Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:16 pm

TWICE NOW OR THREE TIMESIHAVE TRIED TO PLAY Cool Carnival ONLY FOR THE GAME TO FREEZE UP ON ME EACH TIME . No such problem on any other game. Any ideas why?

jimboroks
Jimboroks1

Postby terrell on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:52 am

where ya been, jim? what's it been, 24 hours!?
terrell

Postby Freefaller on Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:04 am

Well alot of people have played and finished that tournament so there's nothing wrong at the lspn end. You will want to check your browser to see if you allowed the site in your security settings, and in any other personal firewalls/security programs you may have. Also check your connection settings to see if they are properly set. If you have a router you'll have to open the appropriate ports. Though not likely if you are freezing up on a certain course or hole you might have a bad download in which case you'll want to delete the old crz and redownload.

PS: using caps isn't necessary (it's actually kinda rude) you'll get just as much help without them (probably more)
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby Jimboroks1 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:56 am

Sorry about the caps,but sometimes while typing ,I accidentially push the caps button and notice it to late. I type biblically,seek and ye shall find. Rather slowly.
So far this Doral course is the only one messing up.
Terrel,I can't help if I am gone 5 minutes or 5 months,A problem is a problem and I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

Jimboroks
Last edited by Jimboroks1 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimboroks1

Postby terrell on Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:06 am

doesn't sound good to be a hunt n' p e c k e r, jim. but we'll see what we can do for ya.

first of all, do what free' suggests, and redownload, reconvert, reinstall the course you're having a problem with. if'n it's one course. then turn off all sounds while playing the course, could be a sound event causing your crash. reinstall your graphics driver per instructions at forums.guru3d.com. could be driver remnants causing a problem.

nope. never happened before to anyone else i know of. (8

edit: i remember many moons ago moving my soundcard to a different slot, because it was using the same interrupt as my graphics card. whether that affected anything or not, i have no idea. seemed logical at the time.
terrell

Postby Jimboroks1 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:50 am

I just played thru on the Doral course ,but not on tour. Just a regular game.
Doesn't sound like abnything wrong with the course, except on tour.

Jimboroks
Jimboroks1

Postby terrell on Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:37 am

hmmmm, coupla other things ya might try if'n it's only occurring on tournament rounds:

run this:

http://www.lspn.net/testing/LSTour_LSPN.exe

again. it contains the latest and greatest linkstour.dll, whatever that does. perhaps that will get you over the hump. also, run dxdiag, click on the tabs, and let me know if you see anything that looks like an error.
terrell

Postby Jimboroks1 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:57 pm

I still can't try it out because now I am DQed and don't see a symbol to requal. to try it. I will try that course in another tourney , tho.

Jimboroks
Jimboroks1

Postby terrell on Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:03 pm

if'n you're crashing on just that course (meaning you can play any other online tournament), we're back to freefaller's original idea of deleting the course, redownloading, reinstalling. or it could be a sound event occurring on that course, in which you'd have to copy over your default ssf's (i forget which ones; i'll look 'em up later).

edit: a perfect way of eliminating a corrupted sound event, is to turn off all sounds while playing the course.
terrell

Postby Jimboroks1 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:48 pm

I just finished COOL Carnival II,The Meadows and Doral. If I was allowed to requal. to check it out , the problem might be solved.
I was able to requal. and tried Cool Carnival -Doral again and guess what-it froze up again. I have played Doral since reporting the problem and did not have any problem,but not in this tournament.
Jimboroks
Jimboroks1

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum