Course not found message

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Course not found message

Postby dufferpaul on Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:37 pm

I thought I submitted this but can't find it so I will try again. When I enter a tournament I get a lot of "course not found" messages. I know they are in my directory. I even played 2 rounds at Augusta and when I returned tp play the 3rd round I got the course not found message! Anyone able to tell me what I am doing wrong?
dufferpaul
dufferpaul

Postby terrell on Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:11 pm

in most cases there are multiple versions of links courses. pay close attention to the links to the courses on the tournaments page. you may not have the correct version being played in a particular tournament.

there are several versions of augusta especially. which tournament were you attempting to play? which augusta crz's do you have?
terrell

Postby dufferpaul on Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:25 pm

I have AugustaNational2006final.crz. This is how it is lisyed. But I played two rounds at this tournament and not found on the 3rd day.
dufferpaul
dufferpaul

Postby terrell on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:55 am

any particular tournament, duffer? there just seems to be about 50 using some flavor of augusta. or would you like for me to manually go through each tournament looking for your name?
terrell

Postby gibby on Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:57 am

Yo T, nobody playing Augusta under the name dufferpaul, unless it ended and was removed from the homepage
gibby

Postby terrell on Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:35 am

wow. thanks, gib'.

i'm sorry for snapping at you, duf'. an intellectually impaired person got me in a foul mood this morning, and i unduly took it out on you.

coupla things ya might try...if'n you're sure you have the right version of augusta, and you can play the crz offline, move all the other versions of augusta into a separate directory. ya might try deleting the course.dat file and letting it rebuild itself the next time you start links. or, if none of that works, delete the version you have, redownload, and reinstall it.
terrell

Postby dufferpaul on Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:42 am

I am sorry Terrel but I am knew at this and probably not using the proper phraseology and content I am supposed to. I will try to do better. I can play the courses in practice mode fine. Yesterday I tried to enter the Harbour Town tournament. It could not find the course. The course listing in directory is harbour_.crz. It works fine in practice mode. Does the tournament site just look for the .crz extension? If I am not using the proper protocol for submitting questions please let me know.
dufferpaul
dufferpaul

Postby terrell on Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:53 am

no, your phraseology is just fine, duffer', but there are a coupla tournaments (april fools masters and hahn special) on the first page using harbour town ls. and i know there's a freebie, er, universally available version of harbour town (sorry, it's hard to type that with a straight face) you can download for being a paid subscriber to apcd-courses.com.

yep, the links game/tournament is looking for a specific crz. you might be able to play your version offline, but it may not be the one links is looking for. so, specifically, what's the name of the tournament you're trying to join?
terrell

Postby dufferpaul on Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:28 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I went back to the site and found another Harbour Links for VerizonHeritage. This one is the LS version and it worked fine. I ahve had Links since Access started it and have all the MS courses. and I think this tournament concept really made it great. Thank you very much for all your help.
dufferpaul

Postby gibby on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:46 pm

remember if you click on the course name on the home page it will take you to the site in which to download and also give you which version is being used, then ck which version you have.
Last edited by gibby on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gibby

Postby terrell on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:46 pm

you're very welcome. but it's mark hulka that's doing all the work. we who have been here since day one are just following his lead. (8
terrell

Postby gibby on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:55 pm

tourney w/ harbour Town Golf Links is the apcd version
harbour town LS $3.99 version at the pro shop
gibby

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum