MatchMaker: can't join -- only can host

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

MatchMaker: can't join -- only can host

Postby pure_guava on Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:08 am

I have been hosting games in the MatchMaker no problem. However, I can't ever seem to join anybody else's game. I get the old "connection failed" message. But even more puzzling is that it "breaks" my ethernet connection. That is, I can't even ping my router any more after trying to launch. I have link, but no IP connectivity.

I have a Linksys WRT54G with all the proper ports opened and the latest firmware. I have a static internet IP address on the router, as well as a static internal IP address on my PC, so there is no DHCP involved. The only way i can get the connection working again is to reset the router. Note, this is not a cable or link problem, as I have tested all these possibilities. My PC has an Intel PRO1000 PCI adapter with the latest drivers.

My only guess is that something is screwing up ARP. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, can point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance, PG.
pure_guava

Postby Westview on Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:38 am

That's strange. Usually it's the other way around, people can join but cannot host. The Matchmaker lobby is filled with 90% of the players just hanging around waiting for someone to host a tournament. I'm one of the guys who cannot host. I have a SpeedStream 6520 router with the proper ports open but still cannot host.

Hey...whatever happened to FDS_Catherine? Was she really working on a new improved version of Links, or is she just a legend in her own mind?
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby Freefaller on Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:31 am

Don't click "Join Game" rather just double click on the tourney
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby pure_guava on Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:30 am

I wasn't referring to tourneys, just MatchMaker Play.
pure_guava

Postby Freefaller on Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:10 am

pure_guava wrote:I wasn't referring to tourneys, just MatchMaker Play.

same here
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby tryandtyoneon on Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:53 pm

Westview wrote:That's strange. Usually it's the other way around, people can join but cannot host. The Matchmaker lobby is filled with 90% of the players just hanging around waiting for someone to host a tournament. I'm one of the guys who cannot host. I have a SpeedStream 6520 router with the proper ports open but still cannot host.

Hey...whatever happened to FDS_Catherine? Was she really working on a new improved version of Links, or is she just a legend in her own mind?

one big frelling fraud.......been gone for a month now, good thing 'cause the boys at LC are going to need therapy to get over all her broken promises
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum