Cannot submit final stats

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Cannot submit final stats

Postby Westview on Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:50 am

After playing 1st round of Larry's Druid's Glen tournament, I could not submit final stats.
I was playing online and there was no problem sending stats after each hole, but after 18 I could not connect. Did not get an error meassage, just [censored] there for 5 min tring to submit stats until I gave up.

This happened yesterday on other tournaments as well. Everything is ok until after 18th and then I cannot submit stats. Anyone else have this problem?
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Update

Postby Westview on Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:17 pm

I created a "submit stat test" tourney and same thing happened.

I turned off my spyware/virus program and tried again...this time it worked!
Not sure if it was a coincidence, but I'll play without it from now on.
Westview

Re: Update

Postby terrell on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:08 pm

Westview wrote:I turned off my spyware/virus program and tried again...this time it worked!
Not sure if it was a coincidence, but I'll play without it from now on.

i sure hope you've found the magic bullet. everyone will be naming their firstborn westview. lol

i keep zonealarm internet security suite running all the time, but i've never played with the links settings to the point where i can log in, but can't submit stats. if that's possible

good idea to create test tournaments to test your theories. but i don't think i'd wanna clutter up the tournament pages more than they are now. (8
terrell

Postby Westview on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:22 am

It's very weird how I can submit data until the end, but cannot submit final stats.
Is it a different port just for final stats? Very strange... :?

I use Webroot Spy Sweeper with virus detection by Sophos. I updated the definition files yesterday, maybe it's blocking the data transfer. :?

Too bad, because I really enjoyed playing Druids Glen. It's quality is much higher than most courses we play, and kind of a mystery why it's not more popular.

The test tournament I created was for back 9 and only for 1 day duration, so it won't clutter things too much. I was kind of surprised to see other people join a tournament called "Stat Submit Test" Lol
Westview

Postby terrell on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:43 am

Westview wrote:It's very weird how I can submit data until the end, but cannot submit final stats.

have you created the 'games' folder beneath the links 2003 directory?

Westview wrote:Too bad, because I really enjoyed playing Druids Glen. It's quality is much higher than most courses we play, and kind of a mystery why it's not more popular.

lol. i've been kinda underwhelmed with it because it seems somewhat easier than larry's usual fare. i enjoy struggling. must be some kinda masochistic thing. (8
terrell

Postby Westview on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:54 am

terrell wrote:
Westview wrote:It's very weird how I can submit data until the end, but cannot submit final stats.

have you created the 'games' folder beneath the links 2003 directory?

Yes I created the 'games' folder this morning and tried again with Spyware/Antivirus software program loaded. This time it worked! :D

Not sure if the games folder made a difference or was just coincidence, but I'll stick with this setup and see what happens.
Westview

Postby Westview on Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:44 pm

Everything is ok now. :D
Not sure why it was happening, but I can submit stats ok again.
Now I have more time to eat popcorn.
Westview

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum