Links 2003 asking for CD [FIX]

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Links 2003 asking for CD [FIX]

Postby pureplayer on Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:55 pm

Hey all, I recently stumbled upon my Links 2003 CD version game stuffed away in a box. I say what the hell, might as well install it again and play some golf. Well everything installed correctly with no errors. Installed the v1.05 patch. Untill it was time to play. I too got the insert CD error. But the CD was in the drive. After many days of searching I havn't found the reason why this was happening but I have found a fix that will remove the copyright protection. Thus, being able to play without the CD.

The program is called SafeDisc2 Cleaner. I don't want to post the download link here because it might be illegal for the forum rules.

Links 2003 uses safedisc 2.60.052 as its copyright protection and this program will get rid of it.

1. Download and install SafeDisc2 Cleaner
2. Point the program to the RuKsHuK.exe file locted in links 2003 directory
3. This program will create a file called SD2cleaned.exe
4. Rename your your original RuKsHuK.exe to RuKsHuK.exe.bak
5. Rename SD2cleaned.exe to RuKsHuK.exe
6. Enjoy!
pureplayer

Postby terrell on Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:14 pm

http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1111

i thought i remembered crissy mentioning safedisc once upon a time. but personally, should i ever have the problem, i think i will simply change the drive letter for my card reader (i ain't got one, but if'n...).
terrell

Postby Vibes on Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:28 pm

wasn't there a problem with cd/dvd roms and all you had to do was drop in a dvd to resolve the problem

I'm getting old and my memory is fading.

Cheers
Vibes.
Vibes

Postby terrell on Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:54 pm

nope, vibes, i think you are spot on. if mammary serves me correctly, i believe thogan first suggested simply putting any ol' cd/dvd in the drive, and the asking for disk thing would go away.

once again, i can't speak from experience. i've always reinstalled from the original disk, so i've never had the problem.
terrell

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum