Links ls 2003 on a Mac

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Links ls 2003 on a Mac

Postby Duckhunter1959 on Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi all new member
I have ls 2003 on a old pc that is in working order. But somewhat slow but playable
The question I have is.
I have a Mac book pro.
Is there a way to get links ls 2003 to play ?
Will wine work?
Really don’t want to split the operating system. And all that
Is there a emulator out there that will work without weeks of messing around ?
Thanks
Duck hunter 1959
Duckhunter1959

Re: Links ls 2003 on a Mac

Postby linksgolftour on Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:23 pm

Hi there,

I also have a Macbook Pro (2013). I installed Windows 10 Education Edition on my MBP about 5 years ago through bootcamp. It was easy to set up. I haven't used this laptop in Mac mode ever since. This setup allows me to play Links 2003 and some other old PC games that are not too demanding on the system. It was well worth it form me.

As far as emulators go, I haven't really had much success with them.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
linksgolftour

Re: Links ls 2003 on a Mac

Postby dirkpike on Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:10 pm

Hi Guys,

I have an issue using Mac that is become more and more of an annoyance as i get back into the game after a long lay off.
I am playing links 2003 using windows parallel, everything loads and plays fine. There were some issues with blocks missing off menu buttons etc but after tweaking graphic / golfer settings they have been resolved. However there is still one issue that i cannot find a remedy for at all.
Post shot on the landing camera the ball disappears, its as if there is an invisible block or menu window that is hiding the landing zone. Sometimes the ball will reappear above this bermuda triangle if it rolls past it.
Hopefully I have explained this well enough.

Oh also when the ball enters the hole i can see it drop down on the screen.
Any ideas ?

Regards
Kev
dirkpike

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum