Converting old .CVT files to .CRX - Help!

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Converting old .CVT files to .CRX - Help!

Postby oilymoyle on Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:18 am

Hi,

I've searched the previous threads and followed the guidance at https://www.linkscountryclub.com/links-course-converter but to no avail, I still can't convert my old .CVT files to the new format. It is especially annoying as some time in the past I successfully did it!! Old age!

When I follow "How to Convert Courses using Links CE or Links 2003 CD #1" from Country Club to the letter I get to a stage where I have to browse for the files on the original CD which I have on the CE disc, but it won't recognise any files as the converter is looking for .CRX files not .CVT files.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or how I overcome this?

Many thanks
oilymoyle

Re: Converting old .CVT files to .CRX - Help!

Postby Mississippi on Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:48 am

How many of those 39 old .cvt are you trying to convert?
If it is just a few use the individual converters listed at the bottom of the thread you linked. If its many download the ALLCOURSE.EXE from the section below where you have been working.
Right click anywhere on your desktop and create a new folder naming it CRX and then install your new download in that folder. last step is to run the exe in that folder.
Put the cd that has the courses you want to convert in your machine and move those courses to the new CRX folder you made.
once there run them thru the converter.
Once they are .crx ,convert them to .crz. then transfer them to your renamed 2k3 course folder in the game. You will be good to go.
Once you know everything is in working order delete the crx folder
Mississippi

Postby oilymoyle on Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:23 am

Hi Mississippi, thanks so much for that. It is working and I'm converting my old courses.

I am not going to say what I was doing as it is so embarrassing!

No fool like an old fool!

Cheers
oilymoyle

Postby Mississippi on Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:54 am

Glad to read you are back in the saddle.

I do have a suggestion for you for future computer replacement, since cd's have been shown to degrade over time. A 3 pack of 32GB usb flash drives runs about 10 bucks on Amazon these days, putting all your courses on one or two if needed is a whole easier come new install time with no future conversions needed.
Mississippi

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum