New PC

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

New PC

Postby LtrRip on Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:07 pm

I recently replaced my old HP Pavillion with a newer HP with Intel 8th gen Corei3 and Intel UD 930 onboard graphics I was also able to move the game over to the new PC with PC Mover, which surprised me. Made the game compatible with Windows Vista which worked on the old Windows 10, and the game loads fine but when rendered there's no sky. and the Links 2003 background instead. Also trying to run it on 1440 x 900 by changing the regedit to 11 but hasn't worked at all. Even when I run in 800 by 600
or 1280 x720 the games there but no sky?!?!?!? Any ideas on this?
Mike
LtrRip . . .
I once hit a tee shot so far right it landed next to a sign that said . . .
"You are 30 yds off the fairway - LESSONS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE PRO SHOP!
LtrRip

Re: New PC

Postby rwoodworkr on Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:01 pm

Probably need to upgrade the graphics with an add on graphics card. That's the only thing that worked for me with the sky issue you stated.
rwoodworkr

Postby LtrRip on Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:19 pm

That’s strange cause the old onboard Radeon HD 4200 on the old (7yearsold) PC worked fine ... Maybe I don’t need to run game in Vista compatibility on this one ...
LtrRip . . .
LtrRip

Postby GoBucks on Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:06 am

Run the Nvidia patch. It will allow you to change the resolution in the game. May take care of your other issues also. I'm guessing that the pc movers left something behind, or lost it on the way.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby Mississippi on Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:35 am

Mississippi

Postby LtrRip on Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:23 pm

Mississippi wrote:Try Vern's solution.
http://www.lspn.net/community/viewtopic ... 880#p98893

Well I did and it worked ... I don't have choice of skies anymore, but I have a nice clear blue sky instead of garble?!?!?

Thanks,
LtrRip . . .
LtrRip

Postby Mississippi on Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:56 pm

LtrRip wrote:Well I did and it worked ... I don't have choice of skies anymore, but I have a nice clear blue sky instead of garble?!?!?

Thanks,

I'm sorry you lost your multiple choice of skies, but am happy your at least running. Folks should remember you get what you pay for when purchasing computers. Here is what is said about your HP's guts. I highlighted in bold their recommendations for the graphics when gaming.

Intel Core i3-8300 is a quad-core processor that has got base frequency of 3.7 GHz and comes with an 8MB cache. This is one of the best budget processors for building a budget to a mid-range gaming PC (for 1080p gaming) using a mid-range graphics card. The processor comes with stock cooler but for better performance, you get a good budget CPU cooler for it. It supports DDR4-2400 RAM up to 64GB. It comes with Intel UHD Graphics 630 integrated graphics which is good enough for normal or everyday use, but for gaming, you have to use a decent discrete graphics card. This processor lacks Turbo Boost and Hyper-Threading (HT) technology. It has a lower power consumption of 62 Watts only and includes the support for Intel Optane Memory. Overall, it is a great budget processor for users who wants good performance at an affordable price.

With all the features v1.07 added to the game, links needs a little more graphic oomph than when it was released. You can in the future upgrade that HP if you are so inclined It looks to me like a 2 gb video card and a decent cpu cooler could be had for about a buck fifty or so.
Mississippi

Postby WackerWoods on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:34 am

From WackerWoods
I had to change my PC, because I moved into a single flat, so I got a 21Inch HP screen and pc combined with Windows 10, but I am having tremendous problems in Windows 10
. I have loaded the game from my old computer, but no players
. Trying to create player WackerWoods but unable to load photo- going around in ever decreasing circles up my own bum
. How do I transfer my photo to Links 2003. it was so easy on Windows96, 97,2000, windows 5,windows 7
Please can some one advise an old 88 year [censored]. Thank you
WackerWoods

Postby AZWilly on Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:22 pm

My pictures are in my computer/C drive/ProgramData (which might be ghosted)/Links2003/Players
the games pics are 50x60, but I've got some to fit that are a bit bigger.
patience is a virtue few possess
AZWilly

Postby WackerWoods on Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:26 am

I have managed to solve most of my problems bar ONE. That is the Graphic display of the hole is perfect bar I am unable to use the aiming key and ther is no trailer showing ball flight to the aimed position. Tracer does not work.
Does anyone know how to rectify the situation? Thank you for your consideration WackerWoods
WackerWoods

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum