Duplicate Free Error Solved

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Duplicate Free Error Solved

Postby Tahoma on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:49 am

I saw some older posts about "Aiming stick probs" and other duplicate free address errors....
but nothing recent...I have had to rebuild my links from the new downloadable files...\
and like many others had to work at getting things to work under windows 10

I think I found the fix for the duplicate free address problem last evening and wanted to
relate what I've found. Every day when i cold started my comp for first time of day...I would
startup links and when i'd get there...I'd have no aiming stick....and then i would exit links and get the duplicate free error msg. From that point on whenever i would start links again...all worked fine...until the next day....cold start same problem..just start links..close it and go on ... rest of day fine... so I figure its some startup problem and just use the clumsy work around...

Then I discovered that if i started links before midnight i was good...but as soon as I tried and launch after midnight...old duplicate error pops up again ??? So, I'm thinking....WTF in links could illicit this kind of behavior...lol...it was the connection setting for news.

By default mine was set to get news once a day on startup...I reset it to get news only on demand....and no more duplicate free address problems....so if you see this kind of issue
check the news connections settings and get it off the every 24 hour schedule
Tahoma

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum