Help with Vista Host probs

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Help with Vista Host probs

Postby Rip_U_Apart on Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:25 am

I cannot host , everyone gets conn fail, I have Windows firewall off, I turned off the secondary mcafee wall also to no avail.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.................
Rip_U_Apart

Postby MinuteMan on Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:35 am

open the correct ports on your router. :?
MinuteMan

Postby terrell on Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:25 pm

terrell

Re: Help with Vista Host probs

Postby Al_Frescoe on Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:49 am

Rip_U_Apart wrote:I cannot host , everyone gets conn fail, I have Windows firewall off, I turned off the secondary mcafee wall also to no avail.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.................

You do need the correct port forwarding on your router, but when you get that sorted here is another thing to try for many folks experiencing error messages.

I always save the .exe file to my desktop (I use Firefox so this is a snap to setup, I even forgot how IE handles DLs), anyway, I save the file to the desktop and then run it. If I get a connect failed, or any other error message for that matter, I simply run the file again, no need to go back into the lobby. I have had to run the file 3 sometimes 4 times until I finally get in to game. Anything more than 3, well, it's a pretty safe bet that the host has given up. I know that some people just give up after one error message and return to lobby.

Good luck

Al
Al_Frescoe

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum