windows/office updates

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby terrell on Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:58 pm

Crissy wrote:
BruceWallace wrote:
I have not used Firefox, but if I was a person who liked tabs, I would take FF over IE7. Firefox doesn't break programs, from what I have read.

You can turn tabs off in firefox, thats how I have it. Just go to tools - options - tabs and set it to a new window a there you go no more tabs.

Crissy

aaaccckkk! no tabs! tabs is what started me using opera all those years ago. tabs is what has kept me here all these years. if it weren't for tabbed browsing, there would be no links. no forums anyway. blasphemy!
terrell

Postby Crissy on Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:25 pm

BruceWallace wrote:
Thanks, Crissy. I am about ready to try FireFox. I am using IE 6 and tried IE7. It offered nothing.

Yes I could not agree more I tried IE 7 and tossed it shortly after, I am using IE 6 now also.
Crissy

Postby Crissy on Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:28 pm

terrell wrote:
Crissy wrote:
BruceWallace wrote:
I have not used Firefox, but if I was a person who liked tabs, I would take FF over IE7. Firefox doesn't break programs, from what I have read.

You can turn tabs off in firefox, thats how I have it. Just go to tools - options - tabs and set it to a new window a there you go no more tabs.

Crissy

aaaccckkk! no tabs! tabs is what started me using opera all those years ago. tabs is what has kept me here all these years. if it weren't for tabbed browsing, there would be no links. no forums anyway. blasphemy!

Well Bruce and I thought about it, to tab or not to tab. And we decided not to tab. lol
Crissy

Postby terrell on Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:05 am

Crissy wrote:Well Bruce and I thought about it, to tab or not to tab. And we decided not to tab. lol

i read the occasional opera or ff forum post from people wanting just a single window, no tabs, but i've never read of a specific reason someone wouldn't want tabs. i know multiple tabs takes more memory. you're taking up some screen real estate by tabbing. and i suppose it's easy enough to goto bookmarks for the site you wanna visit next. but i would think programming types/developers would benefit greatly by having screens (tabs) easily available at their fingertips.

i have 13 tabs scrolled along the bottom of my browsers (opera and ff), and i intuitively click between them all day long. it would take too many seconds for me to goto bookmarks everytime i wanted a different site. life's too short, eat dessert first (famous philosopher).
terrell

Previous

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum