All Kinds of Trouble

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

All Kinds of Trouble

Postby Bassmaster on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:44 am

OK, I'm not making this up. I just played New York Memorial. First off my overhead cameras won't work. I would hit my tee shot and then the screen would show me hit the tee shot off of the previous green and then the landing area was the tee box. After hitting the fairway shot the display showed me hitting from the tee box and the landing area which is the green actually showed my shots landing in the fairway. I had to re-install Links last week and it kind of looks like I might have to re-install everything again.

So I re-installed Links and the 3 patches. I set my graphics up to the 1280x720 16 bit setting and now all of a sudden I can't get into the game without it crashing. I even tried to get to the driving range and I crashed out. My graphics are Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 and according to them I have the proper driver. Need some help PLEASE!
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Re: All Kinds of Trouble

Postby gibby on Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:09 am

So what happened to that NVidia card you purchased last year?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9947&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=45
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby Bassmaster on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:02 am

These problems I'm having are on my laptop which is down in the shop/garage. The NVidia card is in the house computer.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby JackRussellTerror on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:25 pm

Bassmaster wrote:So I re-installed Links and the 3 patches. I set my graphics up to the 1280x720 16 bit setting and now all of a sudden I can't get into the game without it crashing........ My graphics are Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 and according to them I have the proper driver.

hi Rick,
here is my post from a few months ago, regarding my new Desktop WITH Intel (onchip) HD4600 graphics.........
http://www.lspn.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10233&start=15

I don't have the aiming marker in Top View Cam either. I have to click my mouse in the fairway - in Top View Cam - and that gives me the aiming line, even tho the aiming marker aint there. I just "accept it" the way it is.

Might have missed something, but why are you installing THREE patches after you re-install Links ? Here, when i have re-installed Links, I only install ONE patch >>>> Patch 1.07

I run Links at 800x600 32 bit colour.
apart from the "no aiming marker in Top View Cam" glitch, the game runs perfect and quick.

8)
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby Bassmaster on Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:27 pm

I installed all 3 patches just to be safe as I don't know what "patches" are the 1.07 update. I had issues with 8.1 before when 'I' upgraded it and quickly went back to windows 8. This time after installing some security patches from Microsoft I heard a funny jingle noise and when I turned to the laptop it was done upgrading to windows 8.1. My game is slow and it takes forever to get to the first tee versus windows 8. I have backed up to a external memory card and am going to revert back to windows 8 tonight. That means re-installing everything including Links and the patches.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby JackRussellTerror on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:43 pm

do you think its our Intel HD 4000/4600 graphics causing the "no aiming marker in Top Cam View" problem ? I think yes, perhaps.

with a fresh re-install of Links, i firstly uninstall Links off the hard drive completely. Then i do a new install off the Links2003 CD disc number 1. After the game is up 'n running, i then install patch 1.07, which is available here for download........

http://www.linkscountryclub.com/links-2003-v107

download the 33Mb one.
(Patch 1.07 already includes the previous patches 1.02 and 1.05)

8)
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby gibby on Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:20 am

Think the whole problem is Intel card, you kindda had same problem with your desktop and added a new card, but with laptop it's not possible.
That Link I gave you from when you fixed your desktop I mentioned about my previous systems being Intel also.
The 1 desktop had Intel and worked fine with some tweaking then started to fail and I added a new card until the whole thing died, purchased a Acer laptop with Intel and got lucky and Links worked well, then it died and went with another desktop, Dell with Intel and the game worked lousy until I added a low end card. Since then went from W7 to W10 and everything still good so far. Just with a laptop your only going to go so far with tweaks.
But as you mentioned it seems to work with W8 but not 8.1. Maybe changing your update to notify you b-4 updating you can unselect the 8.1 update beforehand.
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby Bassmaster on Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:57 pm

GOT IT!!!! Formatted the computer back to windows 8 and all is good for now. I have the camera view aiming marker. And yes it an Intel 4000 hd graphics card.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum