Display problems

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Display problems

Postby campy1941 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:00 pm

Had to reinstall links 2003 because when I went back to 8.1 from 10 I lost the program now ,I am having graphics problems camera wont stay on ,and some distortion I have an dell laptop and intel hd graphics family card anyone have any hints as what to do?
campy1941

Re: Display problems

Postby gibby on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:22 am

Check Links compatibility mode in Links properties maybe using Windows XP service pak 3, go into Links graphics and try different settings 1280 x 768 32 bit works for me (try going up/down and see. Also possible Intel driver was updated. In some instances Intel & Links works better with older drivers, you may need to go back to older driver. Also possible going back from W10 to W8 your still using W10 driver which may not work well with W8.
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby campy1941 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:39 am

gibby wrote:Check Links compatibility mode in Links properties maybe using Windows XP service pak 3, go into Links graphics and try different settings 1280 x 768 32 bit works for me (try going up/down and see. Also possible Intel driver was updated. In some instances Intel & Links works better with older drivers, you may need to go back to older driver. Also possible going back from W10 to W8 your still using W10 driver which may not work well with W8.

Took off full screen working fine now.
campy1941

Postby Bassmaster on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:55 am

Gibby, how do you go about checking the Links compatibility mode?
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby gibby on Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:45 am

Bassmaster wrote:Gibby, how do you go about checking the Links compatibility mode?

right click on the Links icon and go into properties and then compatibility
Windows 10 has a compatibility tester when you right click if your using 10 but may not find anything.
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby Bassmaster on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:09 am

Thanks Gibby. I'm in Windows XP service pack 3. My issue is on the first tee, the display has all kinds of stuff happening. I see half of the first hole, some of start up tabs, and blank spaces. It will clear up perfect when I move the ball to a different position on the tee. Then everything is fine.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby Bassmaster on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:43 am

OK, I'm not making this up. I just played New York Memorial. First off my overhead cameras won't work. I would hit my tee shot and then the screen would show me hit the tee shot off of the previous green and then the landing area was the tee box. After hitting the fairway shot the display showed me hitting from the tee box and the landing area which is the green actually showed my shots landing in the fairway. I had to re-install Links last week and it kind of looks like I might have to re-install everything again.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby spitdoggy on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:44 am

Hello Rick, did it work ?
All we are is the result of what we have thought.
spitdoggy

Postby Bassmaster on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:18 am

spitdoggy wrote:Hello Rick, did it work ?

I ended up reformatting the laptop back to Windows 8 and deleting any type of upgrade to 8.1. Everything has been good since. The only thing that happens occasionally now is the first tee graphic crap. I try to remember to hit a practice shot at the driving range before playing a tournament, that seems to give me a perfect view on the first tee.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum