Invalid Allocation-1bites

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Invalid Allocation-1bites

Postby BillJr on Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:05 pm

While playing in tournaments, Links shuts down with an error that reads Invalid Allocation-1 bites. Please help!
BillJr

Postby terrell on Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:11 pm

have you turned off sound scripts, reinstalled graphics drivers, or reinstalled links as i suggested here:

http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1001&highlight=
terrell

Thanks

Postby BillJr on Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:45 pm

I did a system restore and it seems to work OK. Will keep you posted. Thanks anyway.
BillJr

Postby terrell on Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:54 pm

links might work for now, but i doubt seriously if a system restore fixes anything. all that does is restores a copy of the registry from the last restore point. if you have a corrupted links file, sound file, or course, you'll experience the crash again.

when you crash again, this time reinstall links. redownload the sound file or disable ambient sounds. redownload or reinstall the course you were using at the time of the crash.
terrell

Re: Invalid Allocation-1bites

Postby tryandtyoneon on Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:24 pm

BillJr wrote:While playing in tournaments, Links shuts down with an error that reads Invalid Allocation-1 bites. Please help!

Go into links....while playing, bring up preferences......sound options.....and uncheck main sound script......chances are you are using one of the ones from "TKS" found at heymartin.com
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum