Connection Settings

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Connection Settings

Postby KunkleMan on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:17 am

Connection Settings.jpg
Connection Settings.jpg (117.65 KB) Viewed 6188 times

Why does this not allow me to change the connection setting? I am on fiber optic, which I assume would be same as cable modem.
KunkleMan

Re: Connection Settings

Postby SteveFr on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:59 am

Does it allow you to change the settings if you untick 'Use System Internet Settings'?
SteveFr

Postby KunkleMan on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:29 pm

SteveFr wrote:Does it allow you to change the settings if you untick 'Use System Internet Settings'?

Yes it does, but I guess I won't change it since I seem to not have a problem normally. I was checking today because after completing round 4 of a tournament, the results posted to the board, but I never got the signal that they were received. Then I was disqualified. Returning to the page listing the tournaments, they had all disappeared. When I logged back on, they were there. I had to re-install Links yesterday, so I thought maybe something went haywire with the connection. I hadn't checked the connections prior to the re-install, so I don't know that it changed. Guess I'll just have to see what happens in the future. Thanks.
KunkleMan

Postby Mississippi on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:01 pm

It will work either way, with the check in the use system internet settings it is just like clicking your browser button to connect. If you uncheck that box.... check the connect thru LAN box.
Mississippi

Postby KunkleMan on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:15 am

Mississippi wrote:It will work either way, with the check in the use system internet settings it is just like clicking your browser button to connect. If you uncheck that box.... check the connect thru LAN box.

Thanks for the explanation. Good to know.
KunkleMan

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum