Question about Camera Views

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Question about Camera Views

Postby Draggon on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:45 am

Hello everyone - long-time player (from Links386 days), but never too serious. Used to play in Case's Ladder leagues back when .WAV's were the thing (my, there were some funny/appropriate ones for this silly game). Anyway, I'm picking it back up after a long, long while of not playing. Everything's working well, but for one minor annoyance...

On camera views - specifically the top-down view - I distinctly remember when moving the aiming pin around in said view that it would display the distance from the aiming pin to the hole - in that view. I used this a lot when playing in wind to set the aiming pin a certain distance left or right of the pin. Now, it seems that the displayed info is relative to the current ball position, and I have to look in the bottom left corner whilst moving the aiming pin around to see the distance I need.

I've tried going through the various game options, but can not find a way to change this behavior. Anyone have any insight - or even any idea what I'm trying to describe? :)

Thanks all. Good to be back - still not serious... 8)
Draggon

Re: Question about Camera Views

Postby Armand on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:41 pm

Not sure if this is applicable, but if you are playing at the Elite level, you can't aim in the top view. It sounds like that isn't your issue, since I don't even think the marker can be placed in the top view on Elite. Therefore, it might be a graphics driver issue. Do you have the latest (or previous?!) driver installed for your graphics card? Do you have all the patches installed, especially the 1.07 and nVidiaFix ones?

I never used the aiming technique you describe, so I'm not sure if mine behaves the same way. I may have to investigate this behaviour some more.
Armand

Postby JackRussellTerror on Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:02 pm

hi,
i play Pro, and in my Top View camera, my aiming marker placed to the left or right of the pin, only gives me measurements for distance from ball to pin and elevation. To view distance from aiming marker to pin (marker placed left or right of pin), i need to view bottom left of Main Screen.......nothing in Top View cam.

8)
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby gibby on Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:39 am

I have the same as JRT, in top view it shows distance and elevation. But if I remember correctly on this new computer with the Intel graphics card I had issues with almost all the views showing the stick/distances in the fairways and also the break line indicator on the greens, even had the stick disappearing on the greens and fairways. Then I purchased a low end Nvidia card G210 for about $35.00 and everything is working correctly. Always had a lot of tweaking to do with Intel cards and got lucky most of the time but this time I just changed cards.
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum