"update to your Links"

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

"update to your Links"

Postby Jimboroks1 on Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:20 am

I'm sure this has been asked before and answered , but I can't seem to find out where. I redownloaded LINKS 2003 BECAUSE i had lost the players. I got the players back and got them into the game,but the game won't go online to LSPN tour snd tells me to "update your Links 2003" and sends me to the country club for a download.I REDOWNLOADED update 1.05 and opened it ,installed it ,but still can't get on. What do I do?

Jimboroks
Jimboroks1

Postby terrell on Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:25 am

http://www.lspn.net/test/LSPN_Main_Site.exe

edit: didja ever delete that duplicate links 2003 folder?
terrell

Postby Jimboroks1 on Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:37 am

I did that one in the beginning .but it still won't work, Terrell.

Jimboroks
Jimboroks1

Postby skeeterdude01 on Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:39 am

i just loaded my version of Links 2003 yesterday i added all my courses downloaded the patch 1.05 and it says the same my version is older i followed the instructions but still get the same whatb do I need to do to be able to play links tour.
skeeterdude01

Postby Freefaller on Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:17 pm

Do what Terrell says. You have to do the server switch after the 1.05 update, the reason is that the 1.05 update was created before we moved to our current server so if you install 1.05 last it will change your server to an old address
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby Jimboroks1 on Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:37 pm

I tried to , at one point the "duplcate " said it was 26 GB,but after I moved it it was about 944 or so.I don't understand that. So waht I did was put it on the C drive.ON THIS NEW COMPUTER,THIS DRIVE has about 291 GB. Plenty room.

I did what Terrell said but it did not work,ie,update then server switch.

Jimboroks
Jimboroks1

Postby terrell on Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:23 pm

sorry, jim, i'm just not comprehending any of that.

is it possible to save/copy your courses to a safe place? then uninstall links completely. delete every links 2003 folder left over (if any) after the uninstall. then reinstall links. reapply the v1.05 update. then apply the server switch.
terrell

Postby Jimboroks1 on Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:19 pm

I moved the the "duplcate " Links 2003 (the one thst was supposed to be 26 GB,but after I moved it to the Desktop it turned out to be about 74+ MB. I don't understand that. So what I did was put it on the C drive.ON THIS NEW COMPUTER,THIS DRIVE it has about 291 GB(175+ GB) . Plenty room.
( guess I was mistaken and thought it was a duplicate worth 26+ GB. I think everything is cool.

Also,I did what yousaid but it did not work,ie,update then server switch. I still cannot get on the tour.

Jimboroks
Jimboroks1

Postby terrell on Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:08 am

hmmmm, i've deleted links entirely, reinstalled from scratch, and i can't make links NOT work. i did notice zonealarm (software firewall) gave links server access automatically (i typically choose to allow programs manually until i have security set where i want, but last time i chose to let za decide).

i guess if you've installed links, patch, server switch properly, there's always adding links to your trusted sites within your browser and allowing links server access within your firewall (if any, note: windows firewall is just like not having one).

edit: and that all depends on whether you're still getting a message telling you to update links. i think in the past, wasn't that a corrupted v1.05 download? i haven't had the problem, so i can't say firsthand.
terrell

Postby SteveFr on Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:23 am

Could be 'LSTour_LSPN.exe' needed again.

Click the 'here' link in KCJammer's post in this thread to get it.

http://www.lstour.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 29ab6d07ec

This is what worked for me (in my case it was telling me I needed to upgrade to 'version 1.10').

Steve
SteveFr

Postby Jimboroks1 on Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:24 am

Steve,
Thank you very much,it worked. Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Jimboroks
Jimboroks1

Postby Fraser on Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:10 pm

I recently had to reinstall links, and have applied the v1.05 patch, downloaded from 2 different sources. I reapplied the server switch, and have verified that the server for links listed in the registry is http://www.lspn.net. I have also verified that my Links version is 1.05. However, when I try to get online, I get the update required message, showing the link to the country club to download the update. I pm'd Mark about this, but have not received any response as of yet. If anyone could find a solution, I would be extremely grateful.
Fraser

Postby SteveFr on Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:14 pm

Have you read the posts above? Try 'LSTour_LSPN.exe' and see if it works.
SteveFr

Postby Fraser on Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:18 pm

SteveFr wrote:Have you read the posts above? Try 'LSTour_LSPN.exe' and see if it works.

Yup, thanks Steve, that fixed it...for anyone else having the same problem, use KCJammers link, the link for the server switch on the lspn home page does not work properly. If one of the mods(congrats Terrell) could ask Mark to switch that link, it would save some people a lot of problems.
Fraser

Postby terrell on Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:53 pm

Fraser wrote:If one of the mods(congrats Terrell) could ask Mark to switch that link, it would save some people a lot of problems.

aaaccckkk! sorry, i was reading, but i wasn't comprehending. good idea. i'll pm mark with the info.

edit: ok, done.

edit #2: ask and ye shall receive:

lstouradmin wrote:This is the main one which includes the new linkstour.dll file:
http://www.lspn.net/testing/LSTour_LSPN.exe

The other one is just the registry switch. I would tell everyone to just use the one above. so, if someone just used the registry switch one they'll get a message saying they need an update.

Mark

thanks, fraser, for the suggestion. i was slackin'.
terrell

Next

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum