Problems on line.......

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Problems on line.......

Postby ilesquire on Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:58 am

I have always played pro but I thought I'd have a go at amateur to see what the difference was. Changed my preference to amateur in "My Account" and played a couple of rounds on line with no problems, (apart from my s hit mouse control). I changed my preference back to pro but now when I open Links 2003 on line, under pro, I can only see the handicap events with all other events showing as amateur??? Any ideas.... :?
Attachments
Links Any.jpg
Links Any.jpg (157.99 KB) Viewed 3565 times
Links Pro.jpg
Links Pro.jpg (77.92 KB) Viewed 3560 times
Last edited by ilesquire on Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
ilesquire

Re: Problems on line.......

Postby pmgolf on Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:20 am

I'm a bit confused on where you see Amateur/Pro Events. Is it on the "Links Tour" page inside the Links 2003 game, where you choose which tournament you want to play in? That is controlled by the 3 options at the top of the page: Skill Level, Format, and Swing Type? I set all 3 to ANY.

Or is it on the LSPN Web Page? That is controlled by clicking on "+Event List Options", which sits on top of the "Current Events" Section of the "Current Events" menu-choice Page. That opens the "Current Events Options" window, and is where you select the "Difficulty" you wish to see (I check all 4), and the "Show Events From" checkbox area where you select the Events you wish to see (I check "Official Tour" and "My Leagues").

That only leaves the "My Account" area of the "Community" window. Make sure you have saved your selection of "Pro" there. Ok?

Pete
pmgolf

Postby ilesquire on Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:46 am

Thanks Pete,
"Is it on the "Links Tour" page inside the Links 2003 game" = Yes (I have attached pictures now.) My Account has "Pro" as the setting. (I have tried changing this setting to Champ, Elite etc. but that only changes the Handicap event, all other events still stay as amateur.) Basically it means I can play the Handicap event at any level and all other events only at amateur level..... unless I'm having an old age "duh" moment.
ilesquire

Postby pmgolf on Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:51 pm

I think I have found the problem. I can reproduce it with my PC.

On the LSPN Web Page! Click on "+Event List Options", that sits on top of the "Current Events" Section of the "Current Events" menu-choice Page. It opens the "Current Events Options" window, and is where you select the "Difficulty" you wish to see. Check all 4 difficulties - Amateur, Pro, Champ and Elite. Your selection there controls what Links will display for you in the game on the Links Tour page.

In the Links game - on the Links Tour page - select "Any" for Skill Level!

Pete
pmgolf

Postby ilesquire on Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:00 pm

Well done Pete & thank you!
Very simple fix & something new learnt. A good day. :)
(Pleased to see it was indeed a "duh" thing.)
ilesquire

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum