Courses do not work

This forum is talk to about problems you may have with Links 2001. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you have problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Courses do not work

Postby TKHawaii on Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:28 am

I have most of the courses, in fact all that are involved in most tournament but for some reason they do not load. I do not have access to the original disks as they are in storage.

From this weeks options, I can play nothing.

TK[size=18][/size][size=24][/size]
TKHawaii

Postby Greybeard on Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:20 pm

TK....i feel your frustation. I created a couple of tourneys ( knowing full well I've got the courses) and had the same problem you're having. I dunno, maybe that the list I was offered to choose from, because it contains both 2003 & 2001 courses, was where I screwed it up. It made not a bit of difference when I tried to reload the courses that I was told " could not be verified".
Greybeard

Postby terrell on Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:03 am

while i have read of known issues with incorrect courses being recognized or not recognized, and the issue with distinguishing 2k3 from 2k1 courses in the drop downs, dc passed along a tip once upon a time that seemed to work for some. if you're having issues with courses not being verified, goto:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Links 2003\Course Data

and delete the 'course.dat' file. the next time links starts, course.dat will be rebuilt, and links will be unconfused (word?).
terrell

Postby garfran on Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:37 pm

" if you're having issues with courses not being verified, goto:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Links 2003\Course Data

and delete the 'course.dat' file. the next time links starts, course.dat will be rebuilt, and links will be unconfused (word?)."

Above is a quote from Terrell's last posting."

Is this also applicable to Links 2001?

I have not been able to load "Firehead at KISS Tours" in Lk2001 tourney "4 of the best", the error message just saying "course failed to load". The problem has occured on two PC's. I then tried a Practice round using the same course and it loaded successfully.
garfran

Return to Links 2001 Technical Forum