Courses don't enter

This forum is talk to about problems you may have with Links 2001. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you have problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Courses don't enter

Postby Jimboroks1 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:08 pm

All those courses on Robert's website at http://www.rdelorme.com/Links.htm are for 2003 Links right ? Then why don't they go on to my game when I double click them and enter them into the game?

jimboroks1
Jimboroks1

Re: Courses don't enter

Postby terrell on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:13 pm

hi, jim. if you're asking why the courses don't automatically show up in-game, are you putting the course in your links 2003/courses directory? if you extract the crz's anywhere other than links 2003/courses, you'll have to goto course manager, and manually add the courses.

edit #1: i just went to robert's site and clicked on los lagos. you immediately get a message asking if you'd like to save it. the file you save is zipped. you will have to run winzip, 7-zip, i use jzip, and extract the course (crz) into your links 2003/courses directory.
terrell

Postby Jimboroks1 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:16 pm

I did all that. It saved it to downloads folder. I extracted it with 7-zip and moved it to courses in Links. I opened the game . Went to add courses found all the courses and when Los Lagos , etal came up I clicked them and they disappeared. They simply disappeared from sight . Not from the list or harddrive,but they would not get onto the game like all the others. I take you had no trouble entering them into your game?

jimboroks1
Jimboroks1

Postby fescue on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Jimboroks1 wrote:All those courses on Robert's website at http://www.rdelorme.com/Links.htm are for 2003 Links right ? Then why don't they go on to my game when I double click them and enter them into the game?

jimboroks1

Those files on that website do not appear to be courses. They are saved shots (Aces to be exact). They would go in your Saved Shots Folder.
fescue

Postby Jimboroks1 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:55 pm

That would make sense. Thank you very much.

jimboroks1
Jimboroks1

Postby Obelix on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:43 pm

fescue wrote:
Jimboroks1 wrote:All those courses on Robert's website at http://www.rdelorme.com/Links.htm are for 2003 Links right ? Then why don't they go on to my game when I double click them and enter them into the game?

jimboroks1

Those files on that website do not appear to be courses. They are saved shots (Aces to be exact). They would go in your Saved Shots Folder.

Hi guys,

Exactly as you said Fescue, they are all Holes in one saved shots. And Jim, in order to see them, you have to have the corresponding course in your course folder. The file name identifies the course, and you can easily download it from Links Corner.
Be aware that all the shots were recorded from Links 2003 courses .
The other file you see on that page, contains all the Link 2003 patches needed to bring it up to date to version 1.07.

I was going to put up the CRZ only, corresponding to those Aces, decided against it. It is better to download them from LC, because their packages include notes from the author of the course, recorded players sometimes, other important notices.

Robert
Obelix

Return to Links 2001 Technical Forum