Vista OS and Links 2001

This forum is talk to about problems you may have with Links 2001. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you have problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Vista OS and Links 2001

Postby Muddy on Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:03 am

Will Links 2001 work with Vista OS?
Muddy

Postby Freefaller on Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:49 am

Don't know, you're the first one to ask. I can say that some have gotten it to work with 2003 (and some haven't). Give it a try and let us know
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Vista and Links 2003

Postby Muddy on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:03 am

I'm running 2003 right now. I wasn't able to run 2003 on either of my earlier computers (Win 98 and recently WinXP). I'm convinced the video card is critical. I have a Gateway with "the works" including an NVIDEA GFORCE card.
Muddy

Postby Freefaller on Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:52 am

Really? most people have been able to get 2003 running on XP with few to no probs here. What issues are ya having with it (error msg, graphics, online, etc)?
Freefaller

Postby Muddy on Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:24 am

Freefaller wrote:Really? most people have been able to get 2003 running on XP with few to no probs here. What issues are ya having with it (error msg, graphics, online, etc)?

It would lock up before any play could start. After another attempt at installing I had graphics issues - invisible player that could actually make shots, very wierd. That computer is now history. It always had issues.

Are additional players available for 2003?
Muddy

Postby garfran on Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:17 am

I am interested to know if somone can give a definitive answer to the original question. IE, does Links 2001 run in the Vista operating system?[/u][/b]
garfran

Postby Freefaller on Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:02 am

Muddy wrote:It would lock up before any play could start.

Could have had something to do with allowing Links access thru your security, graphics issues or sound script errors.

Muddy wrote: After another attempt at installing I had graphics issues - invisible player that could actually make shots, very wierd.

Well if it did it every shot then you did have probs, probably drivers, or not having your vidcard text added. If it only happened after gimme's or holeouts that normal for 2003, just move/rotate the player a little and it will reappear.

Muddy wrote:Are additional players available for 2003?

Not sure what you mean, but you can create your own players with 2003. Posting this question in the Lobby will likely get you better answers.
Freefaller

Postby Muddy on Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:12 pm

Freefaller wrote:
Muddy wrote:It would lock up before any play could start.

Could have had something to do with allowing Links access thru your security, graphics issues or sound script errors.

Muddy wrote: After another attempt at installing I had graphics issues - invisible player that could actually make shots, very wierd.

Well if it did it every shot then you did have probs, probably drivers, or not having your vidcard text added. If it only happened after gimme's or holeouts that normal for 2003, just move/rotate the player a little and it will reappear.

Muddy wrote:Are additional players available for 2003?

Not sure what you mean, but you can create your own players with 2003. Posting this question in the Lobby will likely get you better answers.

I'm refering to additional "personalities" like Arnold Palmer, etc. 2003 is pretty limited (I create a lot of computer players). It would be nice if the 2001 characters could be imported. I've also wondered if one could create their own charachter - e.g personality based on my photo or another family member or golfing pal. My son is an artist and this would be possible for us using say Adobe Photoshop. - Muddy
Muddy

Postby S_McKnight on Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:19 pm

yes it will work. I have 2001 running on Vista in XP(sp2) compatibility mode.
S_McKnight

Postby jeff1955 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:54 pm

Hey Muddy :)

All I can offer is a link to the 'Golfer Utility'. A neat little program that allows you to change most aspects of an animation's appearance.

Download and instructions at:

http://linkscountryclub.com/LinksCCPC/D ... r_util.htm

Jeff
"If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes" - Roy Batty
jeff1955

Return to Links 2001 Technical Forum