Mod Games (1.6 Users Only ) Using only APCD Designed Courses

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Mod Games (1.6 Users Only ) Using only APCD Designed Courses

Postby FDS_Catherine on Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:41 am

As the thread title states, this thread is for players who like to play mod games. ( Either nothing but the mod, or just like to dabble every now and again. )

Now I am not expecting a great deal of players/interest in this thread. ( After all, this is a 1.5 forum, but at least there is somewhere to post, if any modders fancy a game. )

The way we will work this is as follows:

1: The player who is hosting the game will first choose a course. ( APCD 2003 designed only ) As not everyone has all/or even any of the Microsoft courses, and the APCD designed courses can easily be found on the courses section over at Links Corner. Either hosted there by Links Corner, or a link will be given there to Fileplanet. ( If you so desire, you can post a link straight to the course itself. Whatever floats your boat. )

2: The conditions must also be posted. ( Just to give all the players concerned a little heads-up as to what they will be facing. )

3: Pin position can be posted if you so wish. ( Just remember that if you are for using custom pin placements. Make sure you post the number of the pin and difficulty, e.g.

1. 4
2. 8
3. 6 and so on. ) As this lets everyone take down notes, and can set up the course easily beforehand.

4: We can either arrange the games for play in the Lobby, or alternatively if you want to, you can post your IP. ( If you like to have spectators join like I do, or not, this is always another option. )

5: Always try and post the day before regarding games, and times. ( This has the benefit of not only giving the players time to get the course, but also some of the players might be from the U.K or Europe. So this lets them see if they are actually able to participate. And it also gives them time to arrange for it, if they can.

A few more items before I wind this up.

There will be no amateur play allowed, strictly pro, champ or elite.
And every game will be played from the back tees.

If at all possible. If you are interested in participating in any games. It would be nice if you could respond to a hosts post. As this lets the hoster see how many are for joining a game. And he can set-up the game MOP accordingly.

As this is only for mod games, I would appreciate it if non-modders would stay out of this thread. As I would really like to keep this thread Flame-Free. ( Thank you. )

One final thing.

I am not sure how a moderator would feel about making this thread a sticky. For the simple reason that I am not expecting alot of interest in this thread. And for any new members who join and play 1.6 along-side 1.5, it would be a hell of alot easier for them to find. Because I feel this thread will go the way of the Dodo.

So that is it. If anyone who plays the mod has any other suggestions, please feel free to post.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.
Last edited by FDS_Catherine on Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
FDS_Catherine

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:30 am

FDS_Catherine wrote:As the thread title states, this thread is for players who like to play mod games. ( Either nothing but the mod, or just like to dabble every now and again. .

What about us curious folks who are thinking about trying the MOD, since we don't play (or even dabble) yet, are we not allowed to post our questions?

Mark can set up an exclusive 1.06 forum, if there is enough response to this thread, and if enough 1.06ers (the ones who already play or dabble) PM Mark with this request, I am certain he would be accomodating.

Or you could just "bump" the thread to the top every so often.

BTW, I used to dabble with the 1.06 but my old computer made even 1.05 @ ammy frustrating. I am hoping this newer one will be a little better. :wink:
HTP_ErnieB

Postby FDS_Catherine on Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:38 am

Thank you very much Ernie for your reply. But as I had already pointed out. This thread is for setting up games only. By all means try the mod if you wish, then you can come here and set up your games.

I really want to keep this thread for games only, as I feel that this is not the correct place for questions. ( As that would be better placed in let's say a 1.6 question and answers thread for example. I hope you understand. )

I'll add one last thing. My home course is the fantastic Royal Portrush ( Links Course ) on the north coast of Northern Ireland, and the mod allows me to experience the way the ball moves on the greens and fairways to an almost scariliy likeness.
FDS_Catherine

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:56 am

With an exclusive 1.06 forum you could have (as well as a thread to set up games) support threads, mod friendly course thread, etc etc... I hope you already sent Mark a PM about it (setting up a 1.06 area).

Oh d@mn, there I not setting up a game again.... :lol:
HTP_ErnieB

Postby FDS_Catherine on Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:55 am

I will be hosting a game tomorrow ( Sunday ) at 15:00pm. ( GMT )

The course will be the excellent Merersbrook Forest G.C. Which can be found over at Links Corner. Or here is the link:

http://www.linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1482

We will be playing from the back tees, with the following conditions and pin placements:

Breezy/S/M along with Moderate pins.

IP address: 217.42.100.89
If you are interested in joining me, please reply so I have an idea on how many will be coming.

Thank you.
Last edited by FDS_Catherine on Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
FDS_Catherine

Postby Bluenoser on Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:46 pm

FDS_Catherine wrote:I will be hosting a game tomorrow ( Sunday ) at 15:00pm. ( GMT )

The course will be the excellent Merersbrook Forest G.C. Which can be found over at Links Corner. Or here is the link:

http://www.linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1482

We will be playing from the back tees, with the following conditions and pin placements:

Breezy/S/M along with Moderate pins.

IP address: Will be posted 30-45 mins before start time.

If you are interested in joining me, please reply so I have an idea on how many will be coming.

Thank you.

I'll try and make it for the game depending on the "family" Xmas Eve schedule. :)

Good idea starting this thread, but I'd like to point out a slight error.

This is NOT a 1.05 forum, this is a Links Golf Forum. People playing 2001, 1.02. 1.05, 1.06 and any other version of Links are free to post and discuss Links Golf here. :wink:
Links - it's not about winning, it's about having fun.
Bluenoser

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:01 pm

That was my point in suggesting an exclusive 1.06 forum. 8)

Doubt I'll be able to play around the holidays but later next week I would enjoy an online 1.06 game myself. I just finished installing the MOD on this computer and played a practice round at my last APCD course (Harbinger Valley) in B/M/M/M conditions - and to those who think this course isn't MOD friendly, well, all I have to say is you're probably not very good players! :twisted: :P :lol: :wink:
HTP_ErnieB

Postby Bluenoser on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:58 pm

HTP_ErnieB wrote:That was my point in suggesting an exclusive 1.06 forum. 8)

Doubt I'll be able to play around the holidays but later next week I would enjoy an online 1.06 game myself. I just finished installing the MOD on this computer and played a practice round at my last APCD course (Harbinger Valley) in B/M/M/M conditions - and to those who think this course isn't MOD friendly, well, all I have to say is you're probably not very good players! :twisted: :P :lol: :wink:

You're a Baaaaddd boy Ernie, coal in your stocking. :evil: :twisted:

Have a happy and wonderful holiday season Pard. :)
Links - it's not about winning, it's about having fun.
Bluenoser

LS MOD Tour

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:16 pm

Merry Christmans to you and your family too pardo!

In lieu of playing online tomorrow (since I am unable to the remainder of the weekend), I set up a MOD Tour consisting of 4 rounds from the tips at 4 of the old LS courses (Dorado, Bighorn, Torrey, and Pebble) in reasonable conditions, though the back nine at Bighorn on M/M greens might cause a little whining ( :shock: ). All swing types are welcome and the tour ends next Saturday.

Enjoy.
HTP_ErnieB

I'm interested

Postby HeavySwinger on Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:17 pm

but I can't make that time, I'll try next time though, maybe host one. I have a bunch of .lts files with MOD friendly pins and realistic conditions in them over at Greenskeep in the documents folder. Anyone is certainly welcome to use those, just please edit them to change the email address or don't send the results so I don't get bombarded.
Larry
HeavySwinger

Postby FDS_Catherine on Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:49 am

Thank you very much for the offer Larry. ( I might require some of those files from you, in the coming weeks, if that would be alright. )Although I do not have the files. I do have folders for around 100 APCD 2003 Designed courses with pin placements for a full four days play. And also the appropriate weather conditions as well. ( I really should have converted them, but never got round to it. )

It requires a certain kind of person to really take the time to look over each hole. ( As the constant checking, and re-checking of each pin, from every direction imaginable. Would quite frankly drive a person either insane, or to the drink. ;) )

Enough of my rambling. I have an 8kg Ham to boil, then roast for tomorrow.

Just a reminder to anyone interested in todays game at 15:00pm. ( GMT )

I will be posting my IP in my earlier post.

Thank you.
FDS_Catherine

Postby KCJammer on Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:57 am

FDS_Catherine wrote:Just a reminder to anyone interested in todays game at 15:00pm. ( GMT )

Can't make this one as I'm sure the wife would have more than a slight problem with me being on the computer at 10:00 p.m. Christmas Eve (US, Eastern) but please keep me in mind for future games. I've just recently begun dabbling with the mod but the more I play it, the more I like it.

I'll definitely keep my eye on this thread for updates.
KCJammer

Postby Pappy on Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:49 pm

I agree with KC - I started out not caring much for Mod but as I started playing it I started liking it (even to the point of joining the OWG over at apcd.com).

I doubt if I'll make tonight but if I can I will. Merry Christmas all.
Pappy (Pete)
Pappy

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:37 pm

i can make it!!.........edit: hmmmmm.....thinkin' i missed it :oops:
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

MOD Shootout in the Arcade

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:02 pm

MOD Shootout:

Pro level, easy conditions, easy pins, four easy courses, any swing allowed, 4 ft gimmies, and 1 requalify (for a 4 stroke penalty) in case you get one of "those" pins. :roll:

No mulligans because mulligans are just plain wrong..... :lol:

-100 should be possible, I'm -24 after the first round, so if a MOD rookie can do that, you fulltime 1.06ers should have no problem showing me/us how it's supposed to be done.

Plus it's good practice for anyone who wants to dabble, experiment, practice, or even try it out for the first time. 8)

Well?? Come get some! :D
HTP_ErnieB

Next

Return to Lobby Games