A little help please

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby BruceWallace on Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm

Westview wrote:I'm sorry...what's your problem again?

Just kidding...very strange that the apparent r o o t of the problem is the twin 8800's, when the twin 7800's work fine. I would have thought the r o o t problem would have been a network setting(router/port/TC/IP)) etc....

How can the difference in video card prevent people from connecting to you??

One obvious solution is to find someone with a working system that can host, and purchase it from them. Use this system only when playing Links of course.

Edit...why is the word r o o t censored here??? Is there some unknown meaning of the word I'm not aware of?

Actually, the r o o t of the problem is, he is running Vista. And what makes it worse is, he is running a beta version of Vista. :shock:

What a bogus censor filter this board has!
BruceWallace

Postby terrell on Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:02 am

BruceWallace wrote:Actually, the r o o t of the problem is, he is running Vista. And what makes it worse is, he is running a beta version of Vista. :shock:

is that anything like running xp sp2, bruce? (8

note: thoroughly agree about the censor bot.
terrell

Postby Westview on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:10 am

terrell wrote:
BruceWallace wrote:Actually, the r o o t of the problem is, he is running Vista. And what makes it worse is, he is running a beta version of Vista. :shock:

Strange how you cannot say r o o t but you CAN say ass. :?
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby BruceWallace on Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:46 pm

terrell wrote:

LOL, Terrell. I have been running SP2 since last August. :wink: I can't understand why anyone would run Vista. What does it actually offer, besides trouble?
BruceWallace

Postby terrell on Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:17 pm

BruceWallace wrote:LOL, Terrell. I have been running SP2 since last August. :wink: I can't understand why anyone would run Vista. What does it actually offer, besides trouble?

unlike the sp2 thing, bruce, i'm in total agreement about vista. there is simply no logical reason for switching from xp (purchase a new pc, get it with vista). while running the betas, i had to upgrade my video card to find out what the aero glass graphics was all about. uh...whoopie. i did get links running well, so that was somewhat of a coup.

i thought it would never happen, but my disappointment with vista has me looking at...i almost can't say the word...macs (they seem to go hand in hand with my photography bug). egad.
terrell

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:25 pm

Westview wrote:Edit...why is the word r o o t censored here??? Is there some unknown meaning of the word I'm not aware of?

It's a matter of geography mate (snicker).
HTP_ErnieB

Postby Westview on Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:27 pm

HTP_ErnieB wrote:
Westview wrote:Edit...why is the word r o o t censored here??? Is there some unknown meaning of the word I'm not aware of?

It's a matter of geography mate (snicker).

Ok I just did a Google search, and it seems the Aussies have an interesting meaning for this word. :D

Still don't understand how I can say ass though. I think I'll mention the word ass in all my future posts just to mock this s t u p i d censor bot.
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Previous

Return to Lobby Games