Death of Lobby

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Death of Lobby

Postby Tomi-Wan on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:26 pm

I guess GameRanger killed this lobby :cry:
What a shame, too. I know Mark and the boys did a GREAT job getting this place up and running after the zone went down.
And I know there where issues here and there but overall it was a very good place to meet and play golf.
I held out as long as I could, but I had to join GR to play Links, there just wasn't enough players here (most times none).
I want to thank Mark and the team of guys who kept the lobby going and I wish you well.
I'll keep popping in every day to see if anyone is here (I did play 1 game in the last 2 weeks) as long as it stays open.
Cheers!
Tomi-Wan

Re: Death of Lobby

Postby BAMTURF on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:51 pm

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my friend!!!!! Match maker is coming back and so is the lobby . Mark is testing as i type this to you . Hopefully things will be done by the 1 of febuary .
ROSELAND/ HARRY
BAMTURF

Postby Tomi-Wan on Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:29 pm

I wasn't talking about fixing the lobby...It's deserted there almost every day. It still works fine, there are just no players there any more. Gameranger has killed it :-(
Tomi-Wan

Postby Hittman on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:23 pm

I think that once matchplay returns to lspn....the lobby will become more populated when arrangements for h2h are to be made....

A number of chat rooms have now opened in the league format and are avaiable and convenient for members....Game Ranger is only one....The Harbour Club is another
Rob
Hittman

Postby BAMTURF on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:54 am

I sure Mark comes up with some news on match maker . I (P M 'd ) him a few days ago and no responce yet on the progress
ROSELAND/ HARRY
BAMTURF

Postby JDocBurns on Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:35 pm

GameRanger sucks. Its a piece of communist mud hole splat. I go to the game lobby and no one is ever there for a game.
Jim(I'm a Happy & Lucky Man)Burns
http://www.broadjam.com/JimBurns
JDocBurns

Postby ingmar on Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:10 am

Hello everyone!

A couple of months have passed since I last played a nice round of golf. My PC got a complete reinstall a few weeks ago and so I thought: "Hey... time to reinstall Links 2003 and play some golf!"

Therefore I grabbed my CDs yesterday and installed the game, went to lspn.net and entered the Game Lobby. What a shock. Noone's there... no match running... DEAD.

Here in the forum I then read this post "Death of Lobby" and I wonder (as I have wondered many times before on other occasions and concerning other games) why do people switch to another match-making-tool (like this GameRanger or whatever) when they have a perfectly fine working tool like the LSPN with a solid player-base? I just don't get it!

Best regards,

Ingmar
ingmar

Postby Kilkenny on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:37 am

A lot of players run Windows Vista, and for some unknown reason they are unable to host a game at LSPN lobby. Whereas at gameranger they can. It was supposed to get fixed, however still waiting. Can not really blame them.
Kilkenny

Postby ingmar on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:19 am

Hi!

Thanks for the info and the explanation. Although I don't know any reasonable person who willingly installs Vista on their PC as long as they want to use it in an orderly manner :twisted: I can't believe that this is the only reason why the Game Lobby is deserted. Afterall it worked just fine for many users until a couple of weeks or months ago. At the end of last year the Lobby was full of players as I remember vividly.

Very sad.

Regards,

Ingmar
ingmar

Postby gibby on Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:30 pm

This from the home page
April 2nd
Matchplay News

Matchplay is almost complete and I was planning to bring it to the main server next week, however, I don't want to mess with the Masters tournament so Matchplay will go live on the 16th of April. Just in time for some tax season relief.
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby ingmar on Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:29 pm

Hi!

I have read that news, too. Hopefully, everything will work just fine.

I will be most happy to join the Game Lobby again. The question is, how other players see this. It might be quite a challenge to win back all those players who in the meantime have diverted to other tools like GameRanger and get them re-interested in using the Game Lobby.

Ingmar
ingmar

Postby BAMTURF on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:58 pm

Mark has something coming up on the 23 of april stay turned
ROSELAND/ HARRY
BAMTURF

Return to Lobby Games